PDA

View Full Version : SNG sites

Dominic
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
I play almost exlusively on UB...how do these games compare to PP and PS??

adanthar
11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Really, really, REALLY badly.

Dominic
11-11-2004, 04:53 PM
LOL....okay....but I have no idea what you mean by that!

UB players better or worse? Should I never got to PP or always go there?

beeyjay
11-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I play at party but I just recently added some money to my UB account because i was looking for a site with heads up tourneys and in the process i tried a couple of the 6 and 10 player sngs. if you are looking to make money playing sngs you cant do it at UB. to phrase it better, you cant make as much. As a good player you should be able to cash in virtually every one you play, but the same reason for this is why it is such a horrible site for sngs.

The blinds begin sooo low and increase soo slowly that your hourly rate can just not compete with the hourly rate of someone playing at party. Granted, at party the better player does suffer a disadvantage when it gets 4-5 handed and the blinds are laughably large compared to the avg. stack, but this is well worth it as far as getting in and out of a sng in less than an hour (even if you win) to benefit your hourly return.

This is just my opinion and from what i see, it sounds as though stars may be somewhere in the middle or even lean towards UB a little bit, but I have never played there.

Greg Zabawa
11-12-2004, 06:48 AM
SNGs are an absolute joke at UB. For one thing it takes 15 minutes just to get one $50 table going. For someone like myself who likes to play 4 at once, PP/EP is the only place.