PDA

View Full Version : Bad fold? Table thinks so...

ode
11-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP2.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 doesn't show.
Outcome: MP2 wins 10 BB. </font>

After the hand button comments "wtf, nice betting idiot" or so to me... bad fold?

/ode

tripdad
11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
any reads?

against the typical non-tricky opponent, i will bet, fold to a raise here. if the opponent is prone to represent hands he doesn't have, i will check/call. this is rare, however.

i think you were likely beat, but i also think you played it less than optimally.

cheers!

Lost Wages
11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Horrible fold. Bet and fold to a raise. You will get called by a medium pocket pair all day long. The pot is 9 BB, way too big to give up on for 1 bet.

Lost Wages

bernie
11-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I'd have called it. But not because of why the table said they'd call it. You give no reads and you induced a bluff on the end. Knowing nothing about MP2, i call.

The button was just pissed because he wanted to see the hand also.

b

MoreWineII
11-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Why did you give up so easily? Bet &amp; fold to a raise. Button is an idiot, ignore him.

Rubeskies
11-11-2004, 05:35 PM
I like the check/call approach here. I'm not sure what he's calling with you with that you beat right now. The check might induce a bluff and if he has something you won't get raised.

ode
11-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Hmm. Might've been a bit weak from me, but I really, really, really don't think I was ahead in that hand. Just had a strong feeling /images/graemlins/confused.gif Was losing all day long though, so that might have affected an inch. If the pot had been a bit larger I think I would've at least called.

MP2 I had in my stats as LP-P.

/ode