PDA

View Full Version : raise flop or raise turn?

twankerr
11-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Pacific Poker 2/4 (10-Handed)

Im sitting at the table for about 25 minutes at this point and I'm up about 20 BB after being dealt AA, KK, and JJ. I'm somewhere in MP.

Dealt: J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
a few fold to me, I raise. As was the habit of the table, I get 2 cold calls, small blind folds and BB calls.

Flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
BB checks, I bet, one cold caller calls, one folds, BB raises! Hero (re-raises, calls going for raise on turn)...

I have no reads on the play except that the fact that all I've won with are high pocket pairs, hes figuring I'm just being over aggressive and auto-betting the flop.

The only thing that would deter me from raising the flop is that the only hand that would re-raise AND still be behind me is something like 88,99, or TT, maybe a very weak player with 24?

ode
11-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Having played $2/4 at pacific I'd say you'r most likely beat /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But I would raise the flop to get that 3rd guy out..

/ode

Lost Wages
11-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Reraise the flop. Try to force out the coldcaller who may have something like AQ which you would like to fold. Reraising also makes your hand easier to play. If he caps and leads the turn then you can consdier folding or calling down. If he calls then checkraise the turn then you can fold. If he calls and check-calls the turn then you can probably value bet the river depending on how scary the board is.

Lost Wages

Jonny Melon
11-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Re-raise to drive out the guy behind you. If this was heads up, calling and then raising the turn is a nice play as BB is likely to put you on unpaired overcards and bet out the turn, although some players won't fall for that play.

twankerr
11-11-2004, 02:55 PM
I re-raised and he just called. Turn came an ace and he checked I bet and he check-fold the river. I guess he must have had a weak draw (obviously not 2-4 anymore) or a really weak overcard hand KQ?