PDA

View Full Version : Was this silly?

Raiser
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
NL50 6-max on Party

This is literally my first hand at the table. I've got $50 and other participants have me covered.

I get K /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in CO. Folded to me, I check, button raises to $3, SB folds, BB calls, I call.

This is a somewhat loose call, but I've got good position on the raiser so I thought I'd take a peek at the flop.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB fires out $10 in a ~$9 pot. I call (mistake?), Button pushes, BB calls, I call.

The first call was probably bad on my part, but once the button pushed and the BB called I thought the call was mandatory given the odds the pot is giving me.

Let me have it.

amoeba
11-11-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't like the cold call of the $10 or the call preflop.

Do both BB and Button have more than you thus ensuring a triple up if you hit your flush?

AZK
11-11-2004, 01:43 PM
more than 2-1 on a slightly less than 2-1 shot, what's the problem?

Raiser
11-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey amoeba,

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the cold call of the $10 or the call preflop.

Do both BB and Button have more than you thus ensuring a triple up if you hit your flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

They both had me covered.

Would you just fold on that flop or make a good raise? I thought about raising but couldn't come up with a number that made sense in relation to our stack sizes and the pot.

amoeba
11-11-2004, 01:58 PM
I think I would just fold as I'm sure a raise would prompt him to go all in.

Although I would contemplate raising all in if I thought he was capable of laying down AK.

as to the calling of the all in. Originally I would have thought it ok, but now I think that the odds of you not up against a set or another flush draw to be low. I'm not really sure you have 9 outs. Although with the money already in the pot, I think its close.

Tilt
11-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Since it sound slike you want to be scolded...

Preflop - I think you shouldnt call. There are not enough players in the pot to make calling KXs profitable, especially after a raise.

Flop - Yes first call is bad. I dont see how you can raise here since youll probably get pushed if you do. And I dont want to be all in a on a flush draw. So it has to be a call, which means its hit a heart or nothing. And if you miss the turn, you might be committed for the river.

The second flop call is ok IMO.

Raiser
11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as to the calling of the all in. Originally I would have thought it ok, but now I think that the odds of you not up against a set or another flush draw to be low. I'm not really sure you have 9 outs. Although with the money already in the pot, I think its close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really worried about the button having a flush draw with him being the PFR, me having the K, and the A on the board. BB could be on one, but I discounted it in this case because I rarely see flush draws getting bet like this at these tables. I assumed that my outs were clean and I gave myself a half of an extra out for my backdoor straight draw.

amoeba
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm not saying your outs aren't clean. You have the nut flush draw so you aren't afraid of another flush draw, etc etc....

However, if there is another flush draw there, you don't have fewer flush cards in the deck to draw from, that was my point.

and if you are up against set, all your flush outs aren't clean.

Raiser
11-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey amoeba,

I understood your point. I was just saying that I didn't think either of my opponents were on flush draws, so I counted the heart outs as clean. As for the set, you are right, but I'm not going to worry too much about that at these short stacked tables.

Thanks.

Richie Rich
11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Your PF call is questionable, but I think you played it fine after that. You're getting better than 2-to-1 from the pot to hit your 1.9-to-1 draw.