PDA

View Full Version : Official Halo 2 Xbox Live Thread

MercTec
11-11-2004, 01:28 PM
For those that want to play on XBOX Live with some 2+2ers, lets get something started.

Please list your gamertag and any other particulars that might be appropriate.

My gamertag = IronChefItalian
Geographically im in NYC and generally will be playing in the evenings....9ish EST.

For XBOX Live newbies or you just don't understnad Halo 2's matchmaking, check this link.

http://www.bungie.net/news/TopStory.aspx?story=xboxlivewelcome

vulturesrow
11-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Dude,

Check the other Halo 2 threads.

MercTec
11-11-2004, 01:39 PM
I saw them, just thought it would be nice to have it all in one place.

fryKing
11-11-2004, 02:43 PM
maybe we could start a 2+2 XBL clan?

my gamertag is the same as my username here. I suck at Halo 2 though, I miss my mouse and keyboard.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
look at the "Got it" thread, I like the idea too.

BusterStacks
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
The thing I like about Xbox live games is it doesn't come down to hardware, cfg files, etc. Everyone's got the same controller and console, it ends up being a match of who has the most skill with the given tools.

MarkL444
11-11-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing I like about Xbox live games is it doesn't come down to hardware, cfg files, etc. Everyone's got the same controller and console, it ends up being a match of who has the most skill with the given tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats a cfg file do?

MercTec
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Well I still have the huge monster hand sized controller that I got with the orignal packaging. Thinkin about getting a smaller wireless. But yeah....a level playing field is nicer than when somone is running Unreal Tournament on a supercomputer and you chug along an a 800Mhz P3

BusterStacks
11-11-2004, 02:55 PM
A wireless controller will prevent you from using the chat on Xbox Live. A cfg file is basically like how you arrange your controls, but can be expanded to included macros, dual weapon switching, rocket jumps, etc. It's not really cheating, but it's not really skill.

MercTec
11-11-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A wireless controller will prevent you from using the chat on Xbox Live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly pretty, but fixes that prob...
http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=4566

Rounder041
11-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Fair warning, do not buy madcats, if you need mroe controllers, only get the XBOX barnd ones, all the others feel weird, are not as durable(they break instantly), and if you ever go to someones house, they wont have that smae controller, and your game will be off since you are used to the generic.
my XBL name is same as here also

MarkL444
11-11-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fair warning, do not buy madcats, if you need mroe controllers, only get the XBOX barnd ones, all the others feel weird, are not as durable(they break instantly), and if you ever go to someones house, they wont have that smae controller, and your game will be off since you are used to the generic.
my XBL name is same as here also

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah dont buy that offbrand [censored]. why do you need a wireless anyways?

MercTec
11-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Freedom from the tangled mess and the stupid cable popping apart when I'm being overly aggressive.....and laziness of course