PDA

View Full Version : Q regarding rake back

eastbay
11-11-2004, 12:53 PM
If I already have an established account where I like to play, am I out of luck on getting a rake back deal?

Thanks,
eastbay

LinusKS
11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Well, it depends.

If it's Stars, you're out of luck, because they don't have affiliates.

If it's Party, you can simply get an affiliate deal at one of the sister sites - Empire, Intertops, Coral/Eurobet, or the new one... I'm blanking on the name (PokerNow?).

Otherwise, you have to set up a fake identity, which is pretty cumbersome, and according to some, immoral.

The other question is whether it's worth it to have an affiliate. At Stars, for example, if you play the Turbos, you're getting an immediate discount every time you play. Which is sort of like having an affiliate, without the bother or trust issues involved with actually having an affiliate.

eastbay
11-11-2004, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it depends.

If it's Stars, you're out of luck, because they don't have affiliates.

If it's Party, you can simply get an affiliate deal at one of the sister sites - Empire, Intertops, Coral/Eurobet, or the new one... I'm blanking on the name (PokerNow?).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a PP guy. How does this work exactly? I thought you could only have an account on one of these if you were playing by the rules, and it required some trickery to have more than one. Is that wrong?

If I get an Empire account, for example, is it connected in any way to my Party account? Will my money be in there? Is it separate?

eastbay

Benholio
11-11-2004, 01:49 PM
I don't think they have any problem with playing at multiple skins. I was a Party member first, and signed up with Empire for this exact reason (rakeback).

The Empire/IGM/whoever folks even asked me about my Party account when confirming the details for my Empire account when I set it up.

"Ben, you have an account at Partypoker too?"
"yep"
"Ok."

Benholio
11-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Also, for each skin you create a completely separate account, so the funds are not intermingled at all. Your accounts will be 'linked' if you play them both from the same computer, which just prevents them from both sitting at the same table. (Might be linked even if you don't, I dunno)

eastbay
11-11-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they have any problem with playing at multiple skins. I was a Party member first, and signed up with Empire for this exact reason (rakeback).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Ok.

Now comes the more gouche question: what's the best rake back deal you can get and who offers it?

eastbay

adanthar
11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now comes the more gouche question: what's the best rake back deal you can get and who offers it?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerNow *currently* maxes at 23% but will probably go higher at some point in the near future. Empire maxes at 25%, AFAIK. Not sure where the Euro skins are at.

Honestly, I'd just post a 'PM me to sign me up' thread in the Zoo.

Chief911
11-11-2004, 05:02 PM
The PM's me at the Zoo is now banned. Posts regarding affiliates are now being deleted.

Eastbay, I play a lot of SNG's on party, and I recently moved over to Empire. Davidross gave me a good affiliate detail (PM him if you want specifics), and he's someone I know and trust, so that makes it an easy decision.

Empires games are the same as party, same players, etc. Just a skin. So its a no brainer for me to go over there where I can get that much of my rake back. And for someone who could play 6 SNG's at $215 per, that's 90$ in rake, with around $20 comin back to me. Not bad. Its $20 I didnt have before.

Nick

LinusKS
11-11-2004, 05:06 PM
I signed up for Party first, then Empire, then Intertops to run bonuses at all of them. (This was all before I knew about affiliates.) I never had a problem, although when I signed up for Intertops somebody from India called and asked if I had accounts at other sites. (I said, "yes," and he said, "no problem.") I set up all the accounts on the same computer.

I know that some affiliates will go up to at least 33% - meaning 33% of your total rake.

There is at least one site specifically set up to compare affiliate offers. Not all affiliates advertise their rates, though, because some of the sites (definitely including Party) prohibit their affiliates from offering rakeback. In theory, Party could close an affiliate down for offering rakeback. (I don't know that's actually ever happened.)

You can't ask for affiliate offers at the zoo anymore. Matt just recently banned the practice.

stripsqueez
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM
the issue of opening an account at a skin, say empire if you have a party account was thrashed in the zoo early this year - it boils down to opening the new account from a computer with no party stuff on it - obviously once the account is opened you can play from anywhere - your not breaking any rules doing this and you can use all the same details - playing SNG's at a party skin is exactly the same as playing them on party and your accounts at different skins are completely seperate

i hear that you can get a as much as 32% back on some skins - at empire you shouldnt settle for less than 20% and probably get a bit more because lots of trustworthy affiliates will offer you that - affiliates who have lots of business at empire get 30% or sometimes 35%

if i was you i would canvass opinion from people i know here about who is good and who isnt via pm - from all i have heard davidross, morgant, schneids and several others are good empire affiliates

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ThorGoT
11-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Stripsqueez, do you (or anyone) happen to know what you have to do to wipe the party software off a computer, so as to set up the new (say, empire) account? I'm basically computer illiterate, but if it's a well-understood process I'm sure a friend of mine could do it. Thanks.

stupidsucker
11-11-2004, 07:05 PM
uninstall party

then go to internet options and delte cookies and files
Clear your history as well.

After this install the other skin and it should work. If it doesnt then rinse/reapeat, but afterwards run scandisk before installing the other skin.

If you want to overkill it just run scandisk the first time around.

stripsqueez
11-11-2004, 07:10 PM
i am the most computer illiterate grown up i know

i have heard people say you can do something to cookies (who knows what a cookie is ??) which then enables you to open the new account from the same computer - but i have also heard furious computer speak discussions where some people who can talk the talk say thats a big drama

it takes no more than 10 minutes for a person such as myself to open an account at empire so why not just find a "fresh" computer ? - that way you can continue to believe that you should eat cookies

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Jman28
11-11-2004, 09:22 PM
I switched to Empire for the same reason. It's really easy if you just use another computer to open the account and then go back to your first comp.

I'm getting rakeback from 1800GAMBLER and I'm very happy with him so far.

Good luck.

-Jman28

ddubois
11-12-2004, 10:29 PM
You just have to run regedit and delete one key, SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Calculator/Mode. I don't remember whether it's under HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but it's trivial to check both and see which has it. That will let you install Empire when you already have Party installed. Making a new account on Empire with an affiliate after that (using my name/address, same as Party) went without hitch for me.