PDA

View Full Version : Filled up on the river, but am I still in trouble

Girchuck
11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
5 handed $5-$10 game. Fairly aggressive.
Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button, UTG folds, CO calls, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls. Both BB and CO are loose and agressive post-flop, but I didnt notice anything maniacal yet.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, CO raises, I re-raise, BB calls, CO calls

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif)

BB checks, CO bets,I raise, BB re-raises, CO caps, I call, BB calls.

River is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif(9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif)

BB bets, CO raises, am I beat here?
Raise, call, fold?

JRichman
11-11-2004, 12:48 PM
What are you worried about here? There are only two hands that beat you, AA and 44. No one 3-bet you preflop, so AA unlikely. And anyone slowplaying AA preflop would probably wait until the turn to raise. 44 unlikely for obvious reasons.

Personally, I would have cold-called two bets on the flop, and waited until the turn to raise.

The way you played the hand, I 3-bet this river, and its not even close. There is a small chance you are beat, but if one of your opponents has AA or 44, more power to them.

DrGutshot
11-11-2004, 12:57 PM
I agree. 3 bet.
I also like waiting for the turn to raise, but I think raising the flop is just as good, as sometimes it will get checked to you on the turn which would be a disaster.

-DrG

djoyce003
11-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I raise, you are worried about pocket aces and pocket fours. Given the pre-flop action, I don't think you are up against aces unless they are slowplayed. Also, you didn't get capped on the flop. Which I think anyone with aces, or fours would have done. I know I would have. I think it is much more likely that you are up against AQ, or A9, A4, or pocket 9's. All of which you have crushed. I would raise this, and if you are beat by pocket aces or quad 4's, so be it.

runa
11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Ooo! Ooo! Raise, raise!

Girchuck
11-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok, so I raised, BB capped all-in for $8, CO called, I called.

BB showed a mighty AQ,

CO showed A9 (what?)

MHIG.

How far should one go with AQ with this betting?