PDA

View Full Version : Flop bottom two pair vs. pre-flop raiser.

TripleH68
11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

BB in this hand is a solid player. Is aggressive and does not seem to make mistakes post-flop. I put him on a premium holding here raising out of BB. Did I play this aggressive enough? What is your line?

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero call or raise?

Koller
11-11-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB bets, Hero call or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call.

dejableu
11-11-2004, 12:50 PM
If the villain is as solid as you say, you might consider folding. He followed up his pre-flop aggressiveness with a bet and a 3-bet on the flop when it contained three broadway cards, and you said he doesn't make mistakes. I put him on a set or a better two pair. What are you hoping that he has? The only possibility I see is AK or ATs. Everything else is trouble. I know it's weak to throw away two pair, but under these circumstances it might be your best play.

chson
11-11-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the villain is as solid as you say, you might consider folding. He followed up his pre-flop aggressiveness with a bet and a 3-bet on the flop when it contained three broadway cards, and you said he doesn't make mistakes. I put him on a set or a better two pair. What are you hoping that he has? The only possibility I see is AK or ATs. Everything else is trouble. I know it's weak to throw away two pair, but under these circumstances it might be your best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

CAP THE FLOP AND CALL/BET THE TURN.

BWebb
11-11-2004, 01:22 PM
First, if you are going to play this hand preflop, you should raise. Second, I'd cap the flop. If he leads the turn, call down. If he checks, bet.

ecooke
11-11-2004, 01:39 PM
You cannot call raises from solid players (TA) in the BB with marginal hands like QJo.

That said, raise the Turn (given the flop 3-bet).

TripleH68
11-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Bump.

Anyone have some solid advice for me? Thanks.

TripleH68
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

BB in this hand is a solid player. Is aggressive and does not seem to make mistakes post-flop. I put him on a premium holding here raising out of BB. Did I play this aggressive enough? What is your line?

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero call or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero calls.
River brick.
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls and shows down KK. MHIG.

If you were the BB do you play this hand the same? thanks