PDA

View Full Version : Why move up from $25NL to $50NL?

Sifmole
11-11-2004, 11:05 AM
All,

So -- I've got the bankroll I figured I would need to make the move from $25NL to $50NL tables ( 20x buy-in ), but....

I understand the reason for moving up from say 1/2 Limit to 2/4 limit -- because the bets are capped and you can win more per hand. But with NL are the expectations and reasons for moving up the same? Larger pots therefor a better hourly or per 100 hands rate.

Tilt
11-11-2004, 11:20 AM
The logic is simple. The games pay twice as much but aren't twice as hard to beat.

Multitabling becomes harder though because reads become more important.

kayaker
11-11-2004, 11:22 AM
In short, YES!

I moved up to Party NL50 about 10 days ago, and my BB/100 has actually gone UP. (Yes, I know that's probably due a little to variance, but I expect it to level out at about 5BB/100 hands, which is where my NL25 is.)

And of course, 5BB at NL50 is twice as much as at NL25.

Look at it this way: The blinds are bigger and everyone starts with a bankroll that's twice as big as at NL25. Ergo, there's twice as much money to be won.

Sephus
11-11-2004, 11:46 AM
i have 15k or so hands of nl25 and around 9k hands of nl50 in PT and my bb/100 is very close to twice as high for 25 as it is for 50. is this ratio way too high? what are some of yours?

these are full ring games.

grouchie
11-11-2004, 12:07 PM
The more money on the table the more money you can make.

Though, especially if you multi-table, I suggest that you keep playing your NL25 games and add in one NL50 game instead of jumping right in and multi'ing the NL50's.

it's an easier way to get acculmated (i butchered that word).

fimbulwinter
11-11-2004, 03:35 PM
this is all heresay and conjecture, but the party games are like microcosms in and of themselves. here's what i've heard:

25nl full: monkeybash big time. play AA/KK and you can turn a profit
25nl 6max: makes 25nl full look civilized. put on your variance hat.

50nl full: rocky, hard to make big $, easy to nickel and dime.
50nl 6max: see 25nl full

100nl full: never played it, heard it plays crazy some days and super-rocky others
100nl 6max: IMHO party's most interesting game. true mix of uber-fish and a few really dynamite players. only problem is that player pool is so big.

200nl full: heard was much like 100nl full, never played it, dunno
200nl 6max: my new home. all that matters is table selection. couple of people you don't wanna screw with. most pretty bad. some fishier than 25nl.

in short don't get discouraged with losing winrate after moving up, sometimes the answer (if you have the BR) is to move up again to a juicier game. remember, players make a game profitable.

fim