PDA

View Full Version : I think Stu Ungar used this during WSOP!?

01-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Here is the link:

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=01012002-053506-3828r

01-03-2002, 01:17 PM
seriously...when you decide to bluff...are you really lying..or are you making a calculated play that you feel is the correct play, and you really do not care if you are called at all?...note i am primarily a limit player...???gl

01-03-2002, 01:51 PM
All your opponent has to do is reach swiftly for his chips.

If that triggers your brain visualizing being raised back - like a possible slap in the face - your frontal lobes will have nothing to say about it.

Your brain stem will pump warm oxygen to your eyelids, in case you are about to be put on the defensive.

I guess you just have to picture yourself as being beat even when you raise the nuts, and are praying for a call, but don't really fear a fold. Then your brainstem will be involuntarily tricked into flinching.

Meaning, this device only works in comparing a person to a string of other people, not to the same person in multiple trials. An individual can camouflage his lies by calling up his Vietnam memories during every question.

Or something...

When I bluff, I am lying.

leroy

01-03-2002, 02:00 PM
thanks...i understand we are talking about involuntary primitive reactions, but i feel (in poker games) i am playing a game where bluffing describes a certain play which is correct a certain percentage of times, and not making that play gives your opponent a huge advantage(ask sklansky if you don't believe me),and therefore i am really not rooting for a call or fold,,just playing a game...jmho..maybe not honest with myself..thanks for your post and reply...gl

01-03-2002, 02:06 PM

01-03-2002, 02:31 PM
by the way...it's also interesting to look at neuroimaging, such as pet scans..and see what parts of brain light up...there is a true fear reaction...gl