PDA

View Full Version : My plan goes straight to the crapper

Evan
11-11-2004, 05:05 AM
5/10 with sthief09 and Boom Boom

I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics here but this is pretty close....

I'm UTG+1
Boom Boom is BB and sthief is UTG
UTG+2 and MP1 are major LAGs
the rest of the table is pretty much just sucks in general (coldcall too much, play too many hands, yada yada yada)

I have 55
sthief folds, I limp, UTG+2 limps, MP1 raises, LMP cold calls, folded to SB who calls, Boom Boom calls, I call, UTG+2 calls

Flop: 75T
SB checks, Boom Boom checks, I check (planning to c/r), UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, LMP calls, SB folds, Boom Boom raises, <font color="blue"> what's your plan here? </font>

I called planning to raise Boom Boom's turn bet unless MP1 3 bet the flop in which case I'd c/r the turn.

Anyway....

I call 2 cold, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, LMP calls

Turn: Some brick, lets call it a 2
Boom Boom checks (WTF??), <font color="blue"> okay, now that both plans got screwed what's the play? Bet out or risk whiffing on a check raise? </font>

p.s. Aren't the colors cool.

cnfuzzd
11-11-2004, 05:10 AM
i think when you call two cold you might give JBB a good reason to check. I think i would blow up on the flop. Likely that you have the best hand, and multiple people who are apparently willing to put lots of money in. How does your initial plan help you get more bets in from the people who you are certain are behind.

ugh, im not sure that makes sense,

im going to bed.

peace

john nickle

<font color="purple">the colors were super, even if there was only one </font>

SCfuji
11-11-2004, 05:12 AM
JBB obviously knows you enough to the point where you cold calling 2 bets out of position looked funky. i wouldve jumped out of my seat with bottom set and ram and jammed every street.

private joker
11-11-2004, 05:13 AM
I would have 3-bet the flop to disguise your strength (ha!), but then again, I often ejaculate prematurely.

Seriously, your line seemed like a good plan until the turn check. Obviously you have to bet. You might get raised anyway -- ever think that Boom Boom is planning a check raise of his own? You'd sure like that. But watch out for the dirty TT who also has a set. Just in case.

J.R.
11-11-2004, 05:19 AM

Are there better 5-10 games?

Flop: 75T
SB checks, Boom Boom checks, I check (planning to c/r), UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, LMP calls, SB folds, Boom Boom raises, what's your plan here?

JBB's likely hand check-raising this flop after calling a raise from the BB is a marginal T, maybe a broadway card suited with a T. What's he gonna do if you call 2 ont he flop? Probably slop down, he doesn't put you on 68s open-limping in ep if you just call, does he? He thinks set, or a decent T. Either way, he is likely to slow down. So 3-bet now unless you have a felling the pfr will 3-bet the flop a good bit of the time- but even then, he may cap a 3-bet from you. But you'd have to be pretty sure about the 3-bet to check here, IMO.

Just bet the turn, but if you thought about JBB's hand and his likely thoughts about yours, you could have seen this comming IMO.

Evan
11-11-2004, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems to be the comment every time a hand from one of these games gets posted. Clearly we're just poker masachists that enjoy suffering. Real answer....sthief called me at 11:15 and said they were playing, I said okay, the rest is history I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]
if you thought about JBB's hand and his likely thoughts about yours, you could have seen this comming IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably true (although I've never been good at analyizing those types of thoughts at the table, I need to work on that). I just felt like any hand that he would check raise with he'd bet the turn with (how wrong I was). Another thing I considered was that I didn't want to end up isloating the only person that I thought could fold the turn unimproved if I check-3 bet the flop. Does that make any sense?

J.R.
11-11-2004, 05:41 AM
"Real answer....sthief called me at 11:15 and said they were playing, I said okay, the rest is history I suppose."

Evan, I love playing in a game with my friends, especially when he can screw around and fire up the table, laugh it up and win some cash and the stakes aren't too serious. I'd bet the game met those conditions. Its fun to screw around with you friends and throw around some mad FPS. Even more so when you're at a tbale with bad players and are having some drinks.

Evan
11-11-2004, 05:42 AM
All 3 of us ended up winning tonight which was also nice.

I won the most though. w000000000t!!!!!!!!!

J.R.
11-11-2004, 05:44 AM
"I just felt like any hand that he would check raise he'd bet the turn"

This doesn't look like a value check-raise to me, it looks like a "lets thin the field and try to get it 3-way with the pfr lag (who could have lots of worse hands than top pair) and the lagy coldcaller (who doesn't have J since he hasn't raised), driving out evan and the MP player by confronting them with 2 bets on the flop to protect my vulnerable T.

bunky9590
11-11-2004, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever play with those two? That IS a great game.

Boom Boom raise and check is probably standard when you cold call, he ma be trying to checkraise the turn, but most like he sniffed out the monster. He's going into check call mode. Bet the turn.