PDA

View Full Version : This felt right.....

cnfuzzd
11-11-2004, 04:57 AM
Straight auto-pilot while also trying to find a place to live in kansas city, or how to pay for a thousand dollars a month in rent. (hint-it involves two monitors, another affiliate, and about 60K hands)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls $6 (All-In), MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (19.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between BB, MP1 and Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 3 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

peace

john nickle

private joker
11-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Looks good to me. Raising the flop is an option only because of the flush draw, but it's generally not something to be too worried about. I usually do raise the flop anyway, especially with bottom set on a board that's not totally ragged. Nevertheless, doesn't look like anyone grabbed a flush so you're fine.

Live in Westport and avoid Johnson County. Gates over KC Masterpiece. Seville Square is overrated.

cnfuzzd
11-11-2004, 05:02 AM
why is johnson county bad? And isnt westport the place with nothing but drunks and bums,,,,nevermind, maybe i would fit in....

peace

john nickle

bakku
11-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Hi cnfuzzd,

I raise the flop, there's no guarantee you'll be bet into again on the turn and a spade turn may kill your action.

private joker
11-11-2004, 05:22 AM
I spent 8 years in Johnson County. Hell. It's an endless morass of white-bread, conservative, Christian, Republican, WASPy conformist strip-mall middle class consumerists who like T.G.I.Friday's and Meg Ryan films. Wide, flat boulevards and bland housing subdivisions that are almost Kafka-esque in their empty lack of character. If that's your thing, go for it.

At least Westport has flavor, even if that flavor is day-old Tequila spit.

joker122
11-11-2004, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. Raising the flop is an option only because of the flush draw, but it's generally not something to be too worried about.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've got it backwards. the flush draw isn't the hand to be worried about "protecting" from. they make money on every bet that goes into the pot. you raise the flop to give gutshots poorer odds.

you raise for value by trapping the 3 players who've already invested a bet.

not raising here sucks.

cnfuzzd
11-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Even if not raising on the flop means more bets going in on the turn? Especially since i cant make anyone with a gutshot incorrectly call anything. Except the CO i guess.

peace

john nickle