PDA

View Full Version : Ace high on the button

jrobb83
11-11-2004, 04:17 AM
Table had been pretty good, but I had been getting cold decked and folding a lot. Opponent had been at the table for a little while, but I hadn't been paying this table that much attention due to the fact I was playing so few hands.

Party 10/20 6 handed

I have A/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and open raise on the button and am called by the BB.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif [K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
BB bets, I call.

River: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
BB bets, I call.

Scotch78
11-11-2004, 04:56 AM
You're getting 5-2 to call this one down. Without a read, do you really think he's bluffing that often?

Scott

Trix
11-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I would rather raise than call down, but would probably fold, since I dont have a read and the pot is small.

By raising he may fold a pair, since he probably sees you as weak, since he is betting into you on that card.

jrobb83
11-11-2004, 03:44 PM
But raising costs the same amount as calling down. And if he is bluffing, which I hope he is, then I'd rather him put the last bet in on the river with the bluff as well.

I think the fact that he is getting a free look at the river is made up for by the fact that I may suck out on the river too if I'm behind.

This was a play based upon my image at the table. I never would have called down with this weak an ace if I hadn't been playing so tightly and missing so many flops.