PDA

View Full Version : When to leave Heads Up? To Eric123, Mason and all

12-28-2001, 10:49 AM
Last evening while playing in a $1-2, 5-max HE game at Planet, I noticed a very mouthy player criticizing someone just about every hand whether he was in the hand or not. IMO, I am an above average HU player and didn't think this player could beat me HU. I challenged him to a $250 freezeout match at a considerably higher $5-10 limit. My challenge was not for ego purposes, but to hopeful take advantage of IMO, a weaker, critically cocky and proud opponent.

He accepted and as the first hand was being dealt I noticed he only sat down with $112 to my $250.

I won the first hand then sat out, asking him to put up the agreed amount. He refused and started his mouthing off again. I was nothing but cordial to my opponent in all my conversations. I decided to resume play and when he was down to around $25, I sat out again, said goodbye and left.

I'm not one to hit and run, but I felt that was all my opponent was willing to lose and he was now down to 5 big bets to my 33 big bets.

At that point I felt the game was not favorable to me with my comparable large stack to his.

All comments apprecitated.

KC50

12-28-2001, 02:25 PM
You little bitch.

You challenged me to a freeze out now lets finish it @ 10/20!!! $500 FREEZE OUT

IMO, YOU ARE A DEAD MAN!!!

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHEHEHEHEHEHE

12-28-2001, 02:35 PM
I assume you're joking (i.e the hohohehe)...don't think you are the same person, at least you're handle is not.

If you are the same player, let me know your handle at Planet and if you're the same one I'll give it a strong consideration.

KC50

12-30-2001, 04:22 AM
Well, if he has enough to play a hand fully, and five big bets should be enough, he would gain no advantage on the next hand. However, if he runs short and will be forced to go all in early in a hand, then he does gain an edge by getting to call for nothing.