PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mason

12-27-2001, 09:23 PM
Have you ever played headsup on Paradise?

The rake is high.. but I would be fascinated to see you play one of the hyper aggresive players at 10-20 headsup like Bobcards or Angelina.

Cheers,

Keith

12-30-2001, 04:26 AM
No. I have spent very little time playing on line and haven't played any heads-up.

I have of course played some heads-up poker in cardrooms and a moderate amount short handed. I'm not close to being as good as the short handed experts, but against typical players who don't understand the differences between short handed play and that of a full ring game I hold my own

12-30-2001, 01:55 PM
You want hyperaggressive? Check out the 50/100 and 20/40 headsup at Ultimate Bet. These guys (Crazy Charles, RamCrazyhorse, et al) are out on a limb.

If I could get myself staked, boy oh boy the score I could make! Gee whiz.

Or maybe I'm just delusional.

12-31-2001, 07:38 PM
Even at 10-20, the rake is such that you need to be extremely opponent selective if you plan on making money heads-up.

01-02-2002, 01:57 AM
Hmm....

That is an opinion which Angelina also shares....that the $1 rake at paradise is supposedly unbeatable, at least by her at the 10/20 headsup level....

I dunno....I've seen and know of a significant number of people who do very well playing headsup at that level.....granted they are opponent selective in that they do not play each other.....

but I would hardly say they are very selective in choosing opponents....

Just another opinion,

Peter

01-02-2002, 02:52 PM
So how can you give advice on how to play short handed in HPFAP? Is that David's section? Or is the advice just for play against "typical players who don't understand the differences between short handed play and that of a full ring game"? I'm about to take the advice you give in that section with even more scepticism than I already do. Not to mention that I find it very vague and incomplete... ;-)

Moreover I really think that you need to know better than to just be able to beat those player that don't know the difference between short handed play and full ring games play, because my guess is that those players who prefer short handed (like the 5-max tables) are those who feel comfortable there because their style of play is better suited for short handed games, even if they are not very knowledgable. I can't say I really know, though, because I generally avoid short handed games, since _I_ am not comfortable with them yet.