PDA

View Full Version : Damnit.. I missed a second CR tonight

bobdibble
11-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Button is TA-N

Flop cap but no turn bet? This dude seemed to have enough of a clue that I didn't think he was capping a flush draw against 1 opponent. Should I just bet out? Am I just outplaying myself tonight?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

J.R.
11-11-2004, 04:29 AM
check-raising sucks cause he'll take you to 3 with a real hand like AK, AA, KK, 88, 55, K8, maybe K5 and check behind with a flush draw or A high or some other goofy hand (people do get real weird aggro postflop in blind steal spots). I don't like the value check-raise, do many worse hands that capped the flop bet the turn- KJ KT etc don't cap, do they, unless this opponent is very aggresisve?. Only monsters or hands throwing in more more sb for a cheap look at the river card cap the flop, IMO. Did he have Kdxd?

If the "N" in TA-N means neutral/middle of the road, there is a good chance he has a hand or a big draw when he caps. I'd check-call if i felt he couldn't cap the flop without at least TP-very good kicker, other wise I'd bet out. Only against a real aggro/maniac would I consider try to check-raise, but even then, I rather bet looking to 3-bet, as a turn check-raise generally has a far more chilling effect on the action than all the flop posturing.

bobdibble
11-11-2004, 04:47 AM
You make some good points. Clearly I need to work on my blind defense hand-reading skills. (And probably my stealing skills too /images/graemlins/smile.gif) Against a good opponent (and my stat based reads indicated that this guy doesn't completely suck), you comments all make sense.

Nothing like a response that tells you your original question/assumption was all wrong.. heh. 2+2 rules.

Ya, TA-N means he is Tight Aggressive preflop, Neutral post flop, although, my sample size wasn't large.. 100 hands I think.

I'll post results on this one tomorrow since you were curious.

bobdibble
11-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Villian had KJ and MHIG.

But... as JR pointed out, CRing the turn probably would have been overplaying my hand in the common case.