PDA

View Full Version : Fold to this turn C/R?

kelvin474
11-11-2004, 02:52 AM
5-10 party 6-max (5 handed)

Had not seen the villain do anything out of line in 1/2 hour.

Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG Folds, Hero Raises, Button Folds, SB folds, BB (villain) calls.

FLOP (4+ SB): Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls.

TURN (7 BB): 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero Folds.

To me, the BB is representing a stronger hand than Queens up over 8's with an Ace for kicker. Flop C/R i thought could be most anything but the turn C/R madeit seem like i was getting a move put on me on the flop and i just fell behind, or they're no longer concerned that i somehow played J9 like that. Is this standard, terrible, or dependent on other factors? I'm getting 12:2 if you assume i'm going to have to call the river unimproved. I'm getting 10:1 to try to peel an A/Q/8, but i don't feel strong about the aces. If i peel for a Q or 8 i have 4 outs of about 45 cards.

The only hand i could think i might be ahead of is AT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I could imagine another AQ doing this, although I wouldn't. Help please.

naphand
11-11-2004, 07:14 AM
This play is possible with AQo, KQo and suited heart combos like KQ, QJ, Q9 and the AT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif you mention. That extra /images/graemlins/heart.gif could improve a lot of hands that bet the flop. Surely opponent raises QQ/TT pre-flop (?).

You are beaten by an 8, QT, or J9 but the 8 is such an obvious bluff card to TP/overpair that I would be very reluctant to fold here without a stronger read. Opponent may have you on AK and now reverse-dominated by his KQ, and if so he certainly does not want to see another /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, /images/graemlins/heart.gif or J fall on the River. 10BB in the pot gives you reasonable equity for the times you are ahead. He may not bet the River if you call, esp. if the board gets 3-suited.

If you think he would play AT this way, then he is capable of making this play with a few other hands you beat as well. In the absence of a firmer read, and the somewhat typical Turn-bluff card, I call down.