PDA

View Full Version : This was retarded.

MoreWineII
11-11-2004, 02:17 AM
UB 3/6.

Hero has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif in late position. One limper to hero who raises, BB calls, limper calls.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif BB checks, limper bets, hero calls (?), BB calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif BB checks, limper checks, hero bets, BB c/r's (wtf), limper calls, hero calls.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif BB checks, limper bets, hero calls (?), BB raises, limper calls, hero calls (argh)

Lemme have it. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nick C
11-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Very confusing action. I don't know what's going on.

On the flop, you almost have sufficient (discounted) outs to call with your collection of weak draws. Folding, calling, and raising all seem reasonable to me.

I have no idea what BB's turn check-raise means. A slowplayed flopped set? A turned two pair? A stab at a pot no one seems consistently committed to? I have TPTK, getting almost 10:1 closing the action, and I don't know what's going on. I call.

You never had to call two cold on the river. Why does the limper spring to life again? I don't know. Maybe he hit his flush, but it's only one bet to you. BB's second consecutive check-raise isn't encouraging, but then the limper only calls (so maybe it's not a flush). So I guess I overcall too.

Yuck.

GrekeHaus
11-11-2004, 04:22 AM
I'd actually raise on the flop. You have some back door draws and a couple overs. At the least, it might drive out the third player and you wouldn't get stuck in that position on the river. Also, it could buy you a free card on the turn as well.

bakku
11-11-2004, 04:34 AM
Oh man, I'm only calling the river c/r because the pot is so huge and I'd like to keep my sanity. I'd expect to win less than 10% of the time here.

Clarkmeister
11-11-2004, 04:40 AM
Yes, yes it was.

Fold to the first river bet. Calling that is bad. Calling the checkraise is even worse. This is like Hand Reading 101 on the river. On the turn you have to figure you are a big dog to the BB. Now the limper, who called two cold on the turn bets out on the river when the flush comes? And you think top pair is worth two bets, let alone one?? Ugh.

MoreWineII
11-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Yah, I thought the river was especially bad.

I was like a boxer in the 12th round who's been knocked down twice yet still keeps flailing away weakly.

Still, I was only expecting to have to call one bet in a decent-sized pot.

Calling the river check-raise was really bad.

BB had 55 for the flopped set, Limper had J2 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flush and I won the bronze medal.