PDA

View Full Version : To bet the turn or not, that is the question.

Lmn55d
11-11-2004, 02:16 AM
This hand is kind of boring I guess, but I'm not sure if I should have bet the turn. If it was a rag I would have bet because its heads up and I have some outs, but the king is kind of a sketch card. Or do you think I should bet it as a bluff that I have the king (I could have been raising with AK).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>

Shillx
11-11-2004, 02:24 AM
You are getting 4:1 on a bet here and are repping AK. He will surely fold 20% of the time. I would bet the turn here.

The Shill

joker122
11-11-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it was a rag I would have bet because its heads up and I have some outs, but the king is kind of a sketch card.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be more inclined to bet a "sketch" card than a rag.

MoreWineII
11-11-2004, 02:35 AM
Yes, bet the turn.

mikeyKay
11-11-2004, 02:48 AM
heads up, bet the turn, he can be calling with a number of hands that you are ahead of. if you get called again, i would not bet the river.

-mike

bobdibble
11-11-2004, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
heads up, bet the turn, he can be calling with a number of hands that you are ahead of. if you get called again, i would not bet the river.

-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check the river, do you call or fold? The pot would be 7 bb at that point. Personally, I would fold without a good read telling me that the dude could be calling with a worse A-high.