PDA

View Full Version : I slow-played.

MoreWineII
11-11-2004, 02:10 AM
UB 3/6.

Hero is UTG with KK. Hero raises. 5 cold-callers (blinds folded). /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Flop: K85r. Hero checks, some more checks, last to act bets, hero calls, one other caller.

Turn: 6. Hero checks, check, bet, hero raises, fold, call.

River: 8. Hero bets, call.

Usually I don't even bother, but with so many players in the hand and such a uncoordinated board....

Good, bad, ugly?

cnfuzzd
11-11-2004, 02:24 AM
looks fine to me.

peace

john nickle

helpmeout
11-11-2004, 02:48 AM
I usually prefer to slowplay when I have position or someone raises my flop bet. I'll call then checkraise the turn (if my position sucks).

If I have position on the person betting sometimes I wait for the river to raise (assuming its a pretty safe board).

MoreWineII
11-11-2004, 03:00 AM
Sometimes I don't even bother. I figure betting will convince all the fish that I really *don't* have a hand.

This hand was special.

Shillx
11-11-2004, 03:09 AM
I would bet the turn. Probably get more action and you don't want it getting checked thru.

Brad

bakku
11-11-2004, 04:15 AM
I'm betting the flop. You have no idea where a bet will come from and it'd suck to have it get checked through. If you want to get tricky go for a turn c/r after betting the flop. I'd probably just bet this the whole way though and hope someone raises.

GrekeHaus
11-11-2004, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure betting will convince all the fish that I really *don't* have a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly true. With a pot this big, it's probably best to just start betting out. They'll call you, and you'll get some extra bets.