PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL I am pissed about halo 2 thread

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 01:46 AM
They ruined it. Plain and simple. This game had so much potential and it simply didnt come through. They changed so many things that were already perfect. Sure some of the additions are nice but the entire feel of the game has changed. Ive put hundreds of dollars into a few xboxs, tons of controllers, and a few copies of halo 1 and consider it the best money ive ever speant, but right now i am legitamately mad that i speant 55 bucks on halo 2. I have no desire to play it, not even online. They basically removed all the strategy and skill that made the game so great and replaced it with stupid crap in order to sell more copies to noobs. I gotta go play bball but I want to continue this rant later cuase I am very pissed right now.

For more similar opinions check out this page mlgpro halo 2 opinions (http://mlgpro.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2175)

MarkL444
11-11-2004, 01:48 AM
youve got to be kidding.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 02:03 AM
you sound like a whiny bitch. I just [censored] bought it, and the campaign is far far better than the first, gonna be online tomorrow.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Nope Im not, and im yet to find one very good Halo player that does not agree with me. If you are a bad to average player then halo 2 is great. But for good players it sucks.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:17 AM
salty, weve been over this. And i will give you that the campeign is better. But i could not possibly care less about campeign. Why would i ever play 1 player halo instead of playing, say poker for example? its all about the competetiveness of multiplayer, [censored] campeign!

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:18 AM
why does it suck? Because you guys are no longer the greatest Halo multi players ever? Give it a month, then tell me how you like it.

IMO, the pistol made the last Halo waaaaaaaay gayer then it needed to be. There is something completely absurd about being able to kill someone with a pistol from basically a mile away.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:19 AM
lets meet up online tomorrow. I will beast you.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Without looking at the characters or story at all, strictly gameplay...This game would be far more likely to be the sequel to unreal tournement than the sequel to halo. Do you agree?

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:22 AM
never played Unreal. so far, this game looks like it will take much more skill, and less cheap kills to win. There was realy no evasive technique in 1, it was simply be on the offensive, and shoot everything you see. Most kills occured in like 3-4 seconds, this one looks like it will take longer.

EGM gave it perfect 10s and said if did everything to improve upon the first one.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you sound like a whiny bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had put in half as many Halo hours as I have, and had had one tenth as much anticipation for halo 2, I think you would understand why i am whining. That game was my non-poker activity of choice ever since it came out. I have been looking forward to halo 2 since the day i found out that xbox live wouldnt support halo 1. That was a LONG time ago. I would by far have rather had them re-release halo 1 with xbox live capabilities than release this crap.

For all the non halo players reading this. Think about how much you have studied and practiced poker. Now pretend online poker didnt exist yet, and imagine that you were told that a new form of poker was going to be created which would be way more profitable and you would be able to display your skill across the country playing online. Now imagine the unveiling was delayed numerous times. Your anticipation building more and more each time. And then when its finally unveiled, it is totally different than the poker game you know and love. All the fish love it, because it involves more luck than the previous version and reqieres even the experts to basicaly re-learn everything all over again. That is probably the worst part, the FISH, or "noobs" LOVE halo 2, because it totally levels the playing field, and this infuriorates me all the more. This make any sense to anyone or am i just rambling?

daryn
11-11-2004, 03:36 AM
i never have played halo.

i can understand what you're saying, but seriously, chill out dude. it's a video game. you shouldn't be too proud of logging an insane amount of hours playing a video game.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so far, this game looks like it will take much more skill, and less cheap kills to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe just the opposite is true. Without a weapon like the pistol that gives a big edge to the better player, it is easy for someone to weaken you alot even if you kill them and then their teamate can come finish you off.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lets meet up online tomorrow. I will beast you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is the subconscious cause for my anger.....

I cant play online at school cause the [censored] network doesnt permit it.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so far, this game looks like it will take much more skill, and less cheap kills to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe just the opposite is true. Without a weapon like the pistol that gives a big edge to the better player, it is easy for someone to weaken you alot even if you kill them and then their teamate can come finish you off.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude the pistol sucks man, simply because it is way to powerful. I mean, seriously, its a [censored] pistol.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't be too proud of logging an insane amount of hours playing a video game.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Im really not, and this is another reason im so pissed. Now it feels like those hours are wasted. Hopefully this will be a blessing in disguise and i will actually start logging some POKER hours. Can i be proud of that?

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:42 AM
wtf? why not? Firewall?

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf? why not? Firewall?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like that....supposedly they technically dont full out block it, but its too low on the network priority settings to get enough bandwidth to work, or somthing like that. Ive tried arguing with the tech guys about it but im not gettin very far.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:48 AM
bribe them man. I don't get it, can't you use a router or something, or is it a T1 line? wtf? /images/graemlins/confused.gif We need Wacki here to figure this out!!!!

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

bribe them man. I don't get it, can't you use a router or something, or is it a T1 line? wtf? We need Wacki here to figure this out!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be more than willing to bribe or pay someone to figure it out. But basically from my limited knowlegde it works something like this....THe network has X amount of bandwidth, and its allocated based on priority levels. Http-web based stuff being highest, and stuff like xbox live and poker being lowest.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:56 AM
ohhhh.... wait, so how come you can't play though. College dorms are so [censored] gay with their networks. This one school I went to for a year tried blocking Napster because it slowed down the network. They had three dorms hooked up on one netowrk /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Dumb montanians.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 03:57 AM
ya, now your gettin the picture

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 03:58 AM
seriously though, why can't you play it ? I mean, it sounds like you can or do you just not want to play with any lag?

Schneids
11-11-2004, 04:00 AM
Dave,

Remember our talks about Halo? This one is coming from the bottom of my heart when I post it...

http://www.mtmtechnologies.net/stfuclown.JPG

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wake up tomorrow, go to classes, play a little poker after you get back, then take a cute girl out for a walk in the nice California weather during sunset. Just don't tell her you're ready to kill someone about Halo 2 sucking.

daryn
11-11-2004, 04:03 AM
oh man, this pic got me good. i rarely laugh out loud but this got me.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 04:06 AM
No, I literally cant establish a connection with xbox live. They told me to type in my computers mac adress in my xbox to trick the network into thinking its my computer but it still doesnt work

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Mr Snides, maybe if you had EVER played halo, I would take you seriously. But unfortunately you admitt that you havent, sorry.

And its too late, i already got a girl to retreat from her advances when i brought up how pissed i am about it /images/graemlins/wink.gif Its ok though cause she wasnt very hot so i had to get rid of her somehow...

Rounder041
11-11-2004, 04:19 AM
yes, the game is ruined, this isnt halo, it has halo's story line but its not halo, you can jump a million miles, melee is what? NOTHING! it hardly works, not to mention teh weapon choices are just stupid, i mean seriously, this clearly makes worse players better, it completly shrinks teh gap between good players and those who just start.it is obvious that if you were any good whatsoever at halo 1, you would agree that halo 2 is CRAP. and by halo 2, i might as well say a combo of doom, quake, and unreal. sure halo 2 is a "different game" if i wanted a different game, i would buy unreal championship. HONESTLY! i am severly dissapointed, and ontop of that PISSED! those of you who say this game is good, then understably, you MUST be talking about campaign, this i can agree, it is better, but i dont play campaign for years on end, i play multiplayer, and the multiplayer is sub-halo-par.

Schneids
11-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Alright I've decided to actually add something to this thread (and continue to procrastinate on studying):

Way back when Perfect Dark came out, I remember the same exact gripes about it when compared to Goldeneye. Honestly, the gripes were practically identical to now. Being the editor in chief of n64shooters.com (the site's name at the time) Perfect Dark was a big deal and it generally disappointed all the Goldeneye diehards that were expecting the next coming of FPS multiplayers.

I honestly think this disappointment is the result of your enormous expectations. Plus, whether you'd admit it or not, I think you were expecting more of the same, and because it isn't the same, you're unhappy. The basic gripe of the PD-bashers was that "it didn't feel like Goldeneye," which was supported by a whole mish-mash of shoddily constructed reasons such as "confusing level designs," (well duh it'll take you awhile to learn the maps) "too powerful of weapons" (as if GE didn't have its strong weapons too) or "it's tougher for the best player to win." (hmmm ya think it could have something to do with it being a different game and all of you being started on similar learning curves while you pick up on its differences, since it is in fact its own game and not an expansion of the original?)

Face it, it's Halo 2, not Halo 1.5.

Rounder041
11-11-2004, 04:51 AM
senior shnides does have a good point possibly a little more time given to halo 2 isa good point, however sneeds, i think you need to play halo.
p.s. you going to meet us at canterbury friday after thanksgiving or what?

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think this disappointment is the result of your enormous expectations. Plus, whether you'd admit it or not, I think you were expecting more of the same, and because it isn't the same, you're unhappy. The basic gripe of the PD-bashers was that "it didn't feel like Goldeneye," which was supported by a whole mish-mash of shoddily constructed reasons such as "confusing level designs," (well duh it'll take you awhile to learn the maps) "too powerful of weapons" (as if GE didn't have its strong weapons too) or "it's tougher for the best player to win." (hmmm ya think it could have something to do with it beign a different game and all of you being started on similar learning curves while you pick up on its differences, since it is in fact it's own game and not an expansion of the original?)

Face it, it's Halo 2, not Halo 1.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Schmeeds

I agree with alot of what your are saying. I know a big part of the problem is that i simply havent played it enough etc...I definately agree with the "feel" thing, it just doesnt feel the same.

My problem is with your last sentence. IMO this game is more like unreal tournement 2 than halo 1.5 and that is what i cant stand. Thanks for taking this time out of your studies you lazy fish! Now get back to work /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daveymck
11-11-2004, 05:40 AM
Its the nature of gaming, move onto the next fps and play that online, if you are a decent shooter you can play any fps with a bit cross experience.

I was in a RtCW clan played loads of hours then the scene died people move onto Call of Duty or BF1942 and whatever else, then the next games will come. I moved onto poker.

If you hate it so much take it back to the shop and exchange it for somthing else, you dont have to play it.

I did think Halo sucked so have no desire to try Halo 2.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 06:09 AM
LOL, you had me goin for a minute there till that last part about halo sucking...anywyas im not seriosly pissed about the money, just disappointed. Im sure ill come around.

daveymck
11-11-2004, 06:22 AM
I prefer Call of Duty at the moment but dont play online very often, I always preferred team rather than death match, mainly cos I sucked at shooting.

We played one of the worlds top clans on RTCW and it was a massacre their tactic and accuracy annihilated us and at the time we wre in the top 10-15 clans in the UK.

Then you see the photos of them little spotty 16-17 year olds and think [censored] it next time we will fight in real life then see who is the winner.

Halo doesnt compare to the games I mentioned on PC anyway but was never keen on deathmatch Doom or Unreal.

Doom III is pretty cra as well although I havent played it online, I am quite fancying Half Life 2 which is out anytime but will stick to poker than getting clanned up.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 07:03 AM
I like teams too....halo has teams...i played the very best halo team in the world once. The ogres. (team was StK) THey won the halo50k2 tournement which is pretty much the mother of all halo tournements imo. Their teamwork and accuracy was absolutely amazing. And its those aspects that i think are somewhat missing from halo 2.

MarkL444
11-11-2004, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like teams too....halo has teams...i played the very best halo team in the world once. The ogres. (team was StK) THey won the halo50k2 tournement which is pretty much the mother of all halo tournements imo. Their teamwork and accuracy was absolutely amazing. And its those aspects that i think are somewhat missing from halo 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can tell from this comment that you simply havent played it enough

dmk
11-11-2004, 09:42 AM
I used to play counter-strike competitively. This sounds like the same bitching, moaning, and crying that most of those players made whenever a new patch came out. Deal w/ it.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 12:19 PM
I just wanted to add that it is very possible that you, and fellow Halo fanatics, hyped this game so much and expected so much, that nothing really would have met those expectations. I have only played the capaign so far, but it was a huge improvement(especially when I look back and think about the version I play tested). I can't wait to play the multi online, and look forward to getting better at this game. I think it was a excellent move for Microsoft and Bungie to essentially level the playing field, at first, with this game so no new players would be dissuaded from playing. The good players will adapt, and be back to their original form soon, but with less cheap ass kills. Halo 1's multi was all about two weapons, primarily, pistol and grenades, which ultimately is cheap and lame.

Topflight
11-11-2004, 02:14 PM
The game can't possibly have been out long enough to determine whether or not it is better than the first one. There is no way the game has been close to fully explored.

It sounds like you wanted the game to be basically the same as the first with a few minor changes or something. I haven't played either so I can't give specific examples, but I know that it will take some time before the best of the best discover whether or not the game is up to par with the original.

Why don't you spend some time learning to play the game before you whine about how bad it is. I'm sure you still have a huge advantage over any noob.

SomethingClever
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pistol was clearly the most legitimate weapon in Halo 1, and yes, it took expert skill to use it properly.

I won't play Halo 2 until it comes out for the PC, but this is disappointing news.

Ah well, Half Life 2 is going to be better anyway.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 02:44 PM
dude, the pistol was so gay. There is absolutely no reason for a pistol to be that powerful. Besides, how much skill does it take to snipe someone with a semi automatic weapon from the other side of the board?

BusterStacks
11-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Dude I will own you in Halo, and I think Halo 2 is the nuts.

Edited: The best Halo team in the world is Xeno.

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to add that it is very possible that you, and fellow Halo fanatics, hyped this game so much and expected so much, that nothing really would have met those expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

ThaSaltCracka
11-11-2004, 09:46 PM
dude, LIVE KICKS ASS!!!

NLSoldier
11-11-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name the members of this team....what tournements have they won? I dont recognize that name from either of the 50k tounements or from the AGP tournements. If you want to say StK isnt the best team then I think the only other option would be TDT (the dream team) because they have Zyos, the best 1v1 player in the world...

Ogre
11-12-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name the members of this team....what tournements have they won? I dont recognize that name from either of the 50k tounements or from the AGP tournements. If you want to say StK isnt the best team then I think the only other option would be TDT (the dream team) because they have Zyos, the best 1v1 player in the world...

[/ QUOTE ]

TDT split up like 2 years ago n00b!

team domination rules all the tournys now

anyway the reason halo 2 sucks is because they listed to the n00bs. and they listen to them because 95% of the halo population ARE NOOBS! the game is practacly unreal championship with an energy sword and the masterchief. every map is about 4x too big and they have no small ones for 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 even gets kinda dull on the huge maps.
the game has changed and you have to too or your other options are more poker time or back to the regular halo 1 grind.....

Me+NLSoldier = the 2+2 halo 1 gods

NLSoldier
11-12-2004, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TDT split up like 2 years ago n00b!

[/ QUOTE ]

You wanna go 1v1 for money punk!

TDT was still around for 50k2...was that realy 2 years ago? You ever heard of team xeno, and wtf is team domination?