PDA

View Full Version : First post...Lay it down 4-handed?

SonnyJay
11-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey, I've been reading for a while, and I want to thank everyone for the insight. I'd appreciate any advice that people can give on this particular hand.

Party Poker $10+$1 SNG. Table has been pretty weak on the bubble.

Seat 1: GP2Attack ( $2778 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $2525 )
Seat 7: judyg55 ( $1185 )
Seat 10: admpeter18 ( $1512 )
Trny:7105347 Level:5
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ As Qs ]
GP2Attack raises [400].
Hero calls [400].
judyg55 folds.
admpeter18 calls [200].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qd, Th, Ac ]
admpeter18 is all-In.
GP2Attack is all-In.
Hero ???

Looking back on it, I think just calling the min-raise with AQs was very weak, and I can't say why I did it. However, with the given board, a push, and a push over the top, can I lay this hand down?

Thanks,
SonnyJay

adanthar
11-11-2004, 01:28 AM
You need to be in third place out of three to bubble out on this hand, but somebody clearly caught something- probably more than you.

However, I can't give you any advice because I've never been in this situation since I'm all in PF 100.1% of the time.

Daliman
11-11-2004, 01:49 AM
EASY call.

Since adm pushed allin first in, he likely isn't very strong, and almost DEFINITELY not stronger than AAQQ.

Since GP2 called an $1100 allin, he's likely strong, but could EASILY be as weak as Ax. Of the two players, 9 times out of ten, the caller here has the better hand at the time.

Since you have more chips than adm before the hand starts, the ONLY way you go out fourth is IF adm beats BOTH Gp2 and You AND you dont beat Gp2. Not bloody likely, given the action.

Here's the scenarios for calling. I'm not going to factor the very unlikely ties;
Adm wins hand, Gp2 beats you. = you're out fourth.
Adm wins hand, you beat GP2. = you still have 2026 chips, and Gp2 is down to 253.
Gp2 wins hand, beats both of you. = Adm gets 4th, you get 3rd by virute of having more chips when the hand started.
Gp2 wins hand, but adm beats you. = doesn't matter, same scenario as above as adm still has no chips by virtue of GP2 winning main pot having everyone covered, and you having ADM covered.
You win hand over GP2, but lose to adm. = Again, you have 2026, Gp2 down to 253, and adm has ~4636.
You win hand, beat everyone(P.S. most likely scenario!). = you have 6662, adm is out 4th, and gp2 has 253.

Now, exactly how many of those scenarios truly suck? ONE

How likely is that scenario? The LEAST likely by a LONG shot.

Also, even IF you happen to be behind, you have 4 nut outs per street to catch.

Easiest call ever.

Don't try to outthink yourself. Remember, the average $10 player calls allin bottom pair here.

SonnyJay
11-11-2004, 01:53 AM
Completely agree on the PF action. Could not tell you what, if anything, was going through my head. Temporary brain lapse? I don't know.

Daliman
11-11-2004, 02:10 AM
The PF action, while weak, is not terrible. Seeing a flo phere with shorter stacks around is an ok alternative to the old push-n-pray.

Miamipuck
11-11-2004, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The PF action, while weak, is not terrible. Seeing a flo phere with shorter stacks around is an ok alternative to the old push-n-pray.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short handed late in a tourny You are pushing for sure, as am I.

Anyway without going into the detail of Daliman, I would call it for sure. The only hand that would really worry me is a K-J. Any large PP I do not think at a 20-30 level they would slow play. Hell any level late in a tourny those are push hands. ADM would have definitely pushed with a big hand pre-flop added to the fact he is Short stacked and in the Big blind. So your only real worry I think is GP. If he wins you still win.......... so call.