PDA

View Full Version : Is this as close as I think it is?

Burno
11-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Party 25. Villian has $14. Hero has ~$50.

Hero is Dealt 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in LP. Villian raises to $3 from MP. Really fishy big stack($280) calls, I call, BB calls. 4 to the flop for ~$12.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, villian bets all in $11

Fishy folds.

~$23 pot to Hero, $11 to call.

Hero????

I'll give my thoughts on the hand when I give the result.

soah
11-11-2004, 12:52 AM
http://www.twodimes.net/poker/

Take a couple guesses at what he has and see if you have odds to call. You're the one at the table; we can't have a better idea of his range of hands than you do.

Burno
11-11-2004, 01:09 AM
I have him on, in order of likelihood, AA, KK, QQ, AKs or JJ.

If it were heads up I think it's a fairly easy call. But my concern is over how much I should factor in the BB($30 or so, I forgot to mention his stack) into the decision.

soah
11-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Hmm I had overlooked him. Is he likely to overcall? Since you say he's fishy I assume that there is a good chance he'll call. If he's also likely to check the turn then calling the flop looks better. He would merely be improving your odds to draw out. If there's much of a chance that he'll check-raise the flop or lead big on the turn then you can be more inclined to throw away your hand right away.

GimmeDaWatch
11-11-2004, 06:13 AM
Either way I think you need to call. Youre getting too good a price w/most likely 10 outs to fold, and if BB overcalls your price improves (although your outs may get eaten up a little. Anyway, youre probably a slight dog, but considering the pot odds you need to call.