PDA

View Full Version : Omaha H/L S&G Strategy

3rdEye
11-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Are there any posts that describe a solid Omaha 8 or better sit & go strategy, similar to the SNG FAQ for no limit hold 'em?

I do well enough at the $5.50 Omaha H/L single tables, but I'm looking for advice that will help me improve my play. If any experienced players have some tips, I'd appreciate it.

Irieguy
11-11-2004, 12:26 AM
The high-low split games are barely beatable with SNG structure if you are playing limit. It's just too hard to go broke fast, which is what most people really want to do... so you have to play a game that will accomodate their wishes.

Pot limit Omaha-8 is very beatable, and was my bread and butter for several months before I figured out that I can make much more playing NL hold'em. I'm easily twice as skilled and 10 times as experienced playing omaha than NL hold'em, but it's still easier to beat NL hold'em.

If you are interested in playing pot-limit, PM me and I will reply with a guide that should be enough to help you win consistently. The betting tactics are very different in h/l split games, because the common errors are made at different stages than they are in holdem.

Irieguy