PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Standard Right? 5s.

IndieMatty
11-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Reads on villians are non-existent. First Orbit.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (5.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB

Did I wuss out on the River? MP1 gave a long pause. Gave me the willys.

P.S. After the I heart Bisons converter thread today, I really must say the best thing about that dang thing is the rotating quotes. Good Times. Thanks.

jayrutz2
11-10-2004, 11:11 PM
I think river check is OK, bet would be OK too, but I don't think you wussed, in fact I played 5s identical on a similar board today

bakku
11-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Did I wuss out on the River?

What hand is possibly gonna call you on this board that you beat?

IndieMatty
11-10-2004, 11:27 PM
None but I may get a 7, pocket 6. 8. to fold.

Evan
11-10-2004, 11:29 PM
There is absolutley no way these hands are folding if they got this far. You have no reason to bet this river.

IndieMatty
11-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Well I think the flush might make the 7 fold.

But I agree, hence the none bet. I'm just questioning myself.

Evan
11-10-2004, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I think the flush might make the 7 fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is just no way that will happen IMO. He go to the river, he's gonna see a showdown. One thing that most people tend to do well is not fold for 1 bet on the river.

IndieMatty
11-11-2004, 11:06 AM
MP had AJo.

Thanks.

Jonny Melon
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
I can't imagine playing this any differently. Your hand has to be good more than 50% of the time to value bet this river, and I doubt it is here.

Jon

StellarWind
11-11-2004, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your hand has to be good more than 50% of the time to value bet this river

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it needs to be good more than 50% of the time when Villain calls the river. That's a much tougher standard.

flawless_victory
11-11-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
None but I may get a 7, pocket 6. 8. to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]doubt it. i think the river check is best... i wouldve raised PF, moreso in this case b/c of the poster.

slogger
11-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Looks OK to me. I probably check behind on the turn with 4 players still in the hand, but sometimes I feel frisky and take your line.

Hard to believe you'd be called by a worse hand on the river, assuming you don't have a "mercilessly value bet this J-high calling station" on MP1. I check behind like you.

Jonny Melon
11-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Good point. I should also add that it is also only true if you bet and are check-raised, you fold. Then you have to add in the prospect of folding to the (unlikely but possible) C/R bluff. Value betting just keeps getting thinner and thinner, doesn't it?

StellarWind
11-11-2004, 11:49 AM
This is a very easy river check. You are behind almost everything.

You are virtually never getting a better hand to fold. I was going to say a two would probably call, but then I noticed the river.

Betting is good if he has 44/33. Good luck /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 gave a long pause.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, yes. That would be the "I need a free showdown" pause. It shows weakness. Real twos and flushes rarely huddle when they want to checkraise.

Actually I think he was planning to call with his unimproved AJ. You probably lost a bet *this time*. Not that I think you should bet.