PDA

View Full Version : How horrible is my play here? 10/20 hand

Alobar
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
10/20 champs

With the exception of Gus Hansen who is on my right, the table is pretty cherry. This is from memory because HH arn't available on champs yet.

7 handed. UTG (mildly aggresive, predictable post flop) open raises, aggro player cold calls, folded to me in the CO and I have 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I call. I'm not sure about this call. Pretty much every hand is getting raised preflop but they arn't strong raises, should I have 3 bet or folded? I was worried about the aggro players cold call because he can be tricky post flop and I wanted to see the flop with position instead of having to act first because it gets "checked to the raiser". I also know the BB was likely to come along no matter what I did. Folded to the BB who calls.

flop: 4 players 8sb: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, aggro raises. I knew he was going to raise any flop. I figure him for Ax or overs. So I decide to 3 bet and get it heads up, yes? no? folded to UTG who calls, aggro caps, we all call. yuck

turn 3 players 10BB: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, aggro bets, I call, UTG calls

River 3 players 13BB: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks, aggro bets, I raise, UTG folds, aggro calls.

Obviously I sucked out here. I'm most interested in my preflop/flop play. Should I never have been in the hand? Fold on the flop?

mikech
11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10/20 champs

With the exception of Gus Hansen who is on my right, the table is pretty cherry. This is from memory because HH arn't available on champs yet.

7 handed. UTG (mildly aggresive, predictable post flop) open raises, aggro player cold calls, folded to me in the CO and I have 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I call. I'm not sure about this call. Pretty much every hand is getting raised preflop but they arn't strong raises, should I have 3 bet or folded? I was worried about the aggro players cold call because he can be tricky post flop and I wanted to see the flop with position instead of having to act first because it gets "checked to the raiser". I also know the BB was likely to come along no matter what I did. Folded to the BB who calls.

flop: 4 players 8sb: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, aggro raises. I knew he was going to raise any flop. I figure him for Ax or overs. So I decide to 3 bet and get it heads up, yes? no? folded to UTG who calls, aggro caps, we all call. yuck

turn 3 players 10BB: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, aggro bets, I call, UTG calls

River 3 players 13BB: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks, aggro bets, I raise, UTG folds, aggro calls.

Obviously I sucked out here. I'm most interested in my preflop/flop play. Should I never have been in the hand? Fold on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get to choose your avatar and location, yes?

Damn, looks like spamuell beat me to it.

Alobar
11-10-2004, 09:34 PM
what's wrong with "arn't"?? If it's not a "real" word, I get to spell it however I want /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also stipulated words with contractions don't count in my challenge /images/graemlins/smile.gif

private joker
11-10-2004, 09:35 PM
I'd fold the flop. You have a pair higher than middle pair but only a weak one-card backdoor flush draw and backdoor straight draw. You're getting 11:2 and possible raise action before you can see a turn card. I don't see how the UTG bets into the PF cold-caller and you without at least top pair, an overpair or the nut flush draw, so one of the two of them has you drawing slim. Your suckout isn't going to happen often enough to justify continuing the hand in my opinion. I like your 3-bet as opposed to calling, but I think folding is likely the best option.

mikech
11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's wrong with "arn't"?? If it's not a "real" word, I get to spell it however I want /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also stipulated words with contractions don't count in my challenge /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it's a real word, but it's spelled "aren't." The stipulation is dumb: you can't write "HH ar available," but you CAN write "HH arn't available"?

sublime
11-10-2004, 09:58 PM
i would fold the flop bro, if you are ahead your opponents(both of them showing life BTW) have plenty of outs and if you are behind you are drawing very thin.