PDA

View Full Version : Defending with QhTx on 7h6h4x. Flop/Turn line?

Trix
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

I check-raised, which seems really bad now as the board is that drawy..

Think I should have check-called instead, then bet a 3,5,8 on the turn.
Not sure if I should CR tens and Qs or I should call and bet out on river.
Maybe CR a 6 or 4 ?
Bet Ah? or Kh?, maybe CR 9h aswell.

Not sure if I should bet the river on blank looking cards either if he checks behind.

Any comments?

Joe826
11-11-2004, 03:51 AM
i really don't have an answer for ya but this can serve as a bump. i tend to suck in these situations big time. most of the time i end up folding to a flop bet on boards like these due to the fact that i usually end up badly screwing up the hand and hate myself for spewing chips. so, useless post. sorry /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

jrobb83
11-11-2004, 04:24 AM
The major mistake of most Party 6maxers is giving too much action, not too little. On a board like this, you are too likely to get called down by a any pair and often ace high to really try pulling too many fancy moves.

Against an opponent like this who will hate to fold a better hand, check-calling the flop isn't too bad. I would definately check-raise either turned pair.

Against an opponent who finds the fold button fairly often, the play I like best is check-calling, then betting the turn with cards that give you some semblance of outs. If you pair up, I like check-call the turn, bet the river.