PDA

View Full Version : This hand pissed me off

joedot
11-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Party 2/4

MP raises, tricky CO calls. I complete with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB. Flop

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, MP bets, CO raises, my thinking:

I know what the cutoff is going to do. I've been watching this guy, always looks for the tricky way to play a hand. He is going to check it down after the turn, and quite possibly the river, and since he can have any two cards, I really have no idea.

I 3 bet. I figure that if they have anything worth betting and raising, they will call 3 bets. Well they both folded.

I have no idea what the optimal play is here. In hindsight, maybe leading the flop, calling a raise, leading the turn, etc. Calling the raise and leading the turn is possible, but maybe he folds there too. I don't know, but this hand really pissed me off. In fact, playing with this tricky player in general really pissed me off. Table change. Anyway, curious to here how you guys play this hand here. TIA

thirddan
11-10-2004, 08:55 PM
i would just call the flop bet and probably lead the turn...I would not go for a table change against a player that bet and fold and player that raises then folds...

Sarge85
11-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes...flopping the nuts pisses me off too.

Lead the turn - it will confuse him?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Shillx
11-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Awesome post. You stole my exact keystrokes. It looks more like the CO is lost then tricky.

The Shill

Alobar
11-10-2004, 08:57 PM
I smooth call the flop, and lead the turn.

Shillx
11-10-2004, 09:00 PM
BTW, did we play a hand yesterday on party where I flopped a boat and you turned the nut flush? Anyways if it was you, that is what I deserve for being tricky...or should I say dumb.

The Shill

huxbux
11-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Call the flop, lead the turn, and hope another heart falls making them a hand. Unfortunately, there's not alot of bets to be made when the flop comes one suit unless someone makes a strong flush of their own.

Harv72b
11-10-2004, 09:03 PM
MP is betting his AK/AQ, and unless his kicker is a heart, I have to think he'd have folded even if you'd just called. That's my take on it anyway...he missed the flop entirely but tried to buy it with the scare cards.

CO might have caught top pair, middle pair, straight draw, or might just have raised to call BS on MP's move. Unless he improved his hand with the turn, I have to think he'd fold if you bet out.

That said, I'd have called & hoped that an overcard/straight card hit on the turn, so I could bet out under that guise. Of course it's a double-edged sword, because if one of them caught two pair there's that slight chance you slowplay into a loss, but I'd expect them to call the raise with two pair.

That would've aggravated me, too, but hey--that's poker.

thirddan
11-10-2004, 09:04 PM
yes we did, you played it quite poorly (i imagine you know that, i did know it was you so that might explain my play a little), but i wasn't gonna say that in the chat box...you can post it if you want...

joedot
11-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Nah, I haven't played on Party for about a week.

joedot
11-10-2004, 09:23 PM
oops, sorry, you were talking to someone else. Please forgive me