PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at 24 Hour Fitness or know how gym pricing works?

bwana devil
11-10-2004, 08:16 PM
There's a 24 hr fitness that I want to join in my hood. My friend in Dallas goes for something around $16/mth for the 4day/week membership. They want $21 at my location.

I asked them about the price difference and the guy told me it gets more expensive closer to Christmas. Is this true? Would it be less per month if I waited until Feb-Mar? I could hold out if it means $5 less per month over the lifetime of the membership.

Anyone have any insight into this?

scrub
11-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I was just talking to a friend of mine about this yesterday.

His roommate used to be a salesman there, and apparently claimed that the prices for memberships change over the course of the month because of the commision structure the salespeople are on. If they're trying to hit their quota or some incentive plateau, you can get a better price.

scrub

blendedsuit
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
New Years resolutions are the biggest time of the year for clubs. Dead of the summer might have the lowest rates, but then are you going to sit on the couch for 6 months, might as well not even join the club at all.

Alobar
11-10-2004, 08:50 PM
The best time to join a gym is right after New Years, because that is when they run all their specials trying to lure in people who make resolutions. They make really good deals on the long term contracts, because they know most people arn't going to end up going anyway.

bwana devil
11-10-2004, 11:39 PM
yeah, maybe I'll just sit tight until New Year's and see what their prices are. I guess they probably won't go higher and I can just jump on that point regardless and hope for a sale.