PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather be and why?

SomethingClever
11-10-2004, 07:49 PM

Blarg
11-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Who are those guys?

astroglide
11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
ivey's younger

M2d
11-10-2004, 08:19 PM
go back to all those "why do you play poker" threads. Clooney could buy and sell Ivey's butt with the proceeds from one movie.

Topflight
11-10-2004, 08:26 PM
George has more money and more/hotter women.

Duke
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
I have a hard enough time being me.

~D

Topflight
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Would we morph into them right now, sort of like taking over. If that were the case age might be a factor. If we live their entire life, I take Clooney.

SomethingClever
11-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Here's how I see it.

Clooney advantages:
-Richer
-More famous
-If he goes broke, he can do some crap buddy cop flick and earn $20 mil in a month.

Ivey advantages
-Younger
-Has a less intrusive sort of fame... won't be mobbed or find himself in the tabloids, but he's nevertheless well-respected and recognized in his circles.

SomethingClever
11-10-2004, 08:51 PM
You don't get to live their whole life. You take over right now.

I'm not saying these are the ultimate two guys you'd want to be; I just thought they were somewhat evenly matched.

On the one hand you've got mega fame, riches and popularity, but older age.

On the other, you've got youth and tons of potential, but also the reality of having to grind out a living for many years, and a fame that could be fleeting.

Blarg
11-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Also on Clooney's side:

Job -- way better and more varied. At his level he not only acts, but gets into directing and production and messing around with writing.

Women -- way more, way better looking -- basically the cream of the crop.

Money now -- much more.

Money later -- much more, and much easier to get. And if he doesn't want to produce, no chance of having to risk any money to still make gobs of it.

Women's approach to them:

Ivey: Women likely anxious to take from him what they value him most for: his money.

Clooney: Women almost pyschotically eager to give to him what they value themselves most for: well, you fill in the blank.

M2d
11-10-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard enough time being me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have a hard time being you. convinced the credit card company pretty easily. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ArchAngel71857
11-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Who would you rather be and why?

El Diablo.

I Heart Masks.

-AA

Duke
11-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Sweet! That should help fix my ridiculously bad credit.

It was all THAT GUY!

~D

Miamipuck
11-10-2004, 10:13 PM
They are both poor choices.............

How about Hugh Hefner........ well when he was younger.

BTW Unless you are a crackhead or a stroke victim I do not think an explanation why is required. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeno
11-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Duke is partly right.

Be yourself, however exacerbating that may be. Being someone else or wishing you were someone else is not only silly, it's self defeating.

For example, Zeno is trying hard to be just Zeno. And being Zeno is sometimes difficult. Afterall, I know more than Ray Zee. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

daryn
11-10-2004, 11:35 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Here's how I see it.

Clooney advantages:
-Richer
-More famous
-If he goes broke, he can do some crap buddy cop flick and earn $20 mil in a month.

Ivey advantages
-Younger
-Has a less intrusive sort of fame... won't be mobbed or find himself in the tabloids, but he's nevertheless well-respected and recognized in his circles.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. while ivey will be mobbed less, the people he will be mobbed by are much worse than the people clooney would be mobbed by.

would you rather be mobbed by 18-24 yr old poker wannabes or 18-24 yr old hot chicks?

cab4656
11-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Clooney. The last thing I want to be is a full-time poker player.

SomethingClever
11-11-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Duke is partly right.

Be yourself, however exacerbating that may be. Being someone else or wishing you were someone else is not only silly, it's self defeating.

For example, Zeno is trying hard to be just Zeno. And being Zeno is sometimes difficult. Afterall, I know more than Ray Zee. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Z, I don't personally care to be either of these guys, but I was curious how 2+2ers would respond. Whether they'd take Ivey's youth and poker skills over Clooney's more fabulous lifestyle and age.

Looks like Clooney's the big winner.... so Ivey's poker cache didn't pull as much weight as I thought it might.

Okay, new question.

Frank Stallone or Mason Malmuth?

Just kidding.

astroglide
11-11-2004, 01:11 PM
i think anybody who says clooney is nuts. age &gt; money when you're in a position like ivey's to make it. if you don't like poker, you can quit. he could branch into acting if he wanted to as well and he already has notoriety.