PDA

View Full Version : Two different $200 SNG hands

Chief911
11-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Ok, no hand histories from the summaries, not sure why they are not showing up. So here goes:

***** Hand History for Game 1162546008 *****
NL Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:7095650 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Wednesday, November 10, 16:50:58 EDT 2004
Table Table 11783 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: XXX ( $1000 )
Seat 3: XXX( $1040 )
Seat 10: XXX ( $1000 )
Seat 2: XXX ( $1000 )
Seat 6: XXX ( $945 )
Seat 8: XXX ( $985 )
Seat 5: XXX ( $905 )
Seat 9: XXX ( $985 )
Seat 4: XXX ( $970 )
Seat 7: XXX ( $1170 )
Trny:7095650 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ As Ts ]
X folds.
X folds.
X raises [65].
Hero calls [65].
X folds.
X folds.
X folds.
X folds.
X folds.
X folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, Ad, 8h ]
X bets [125].
Hero calls [125].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ]
X checks.
Hero bets [300].
X calls [300].
** Dealing River ** [ 9d ]
X bets [200].
Hero is all-In.
X is all-In.

Misplayed or no. What did the X have in this hand? During the hand, when he bet out hard on the flop. I put him on either AK, AQ, or quite possibly a sneaky KK or QQ. Results later.

Hand 2:

Very early in the SNG, I'm on the button with J8s. Its folded around to the player right in front of me who bets 30. I call here, and the BB makes it 100. Player in front of me calls. What do you do?

Flop is AJJr. BB bets out 225, and UTG calls. Your move?

I put BB on a big ace, but doubted AJ. I have no idea why UTG called here, and for some reason dismissed his call as not as dangerous as I should have. I pushed.

Results dont matter, but I was chastised after the hand for being a poor player, for calling a 70 chip preflop raise from the button in a 3 way pot for an extra 70.

Now, as I said at the time, 67% of the time, I dont even call this preflop the first time to a 30 chip raise. But once I'm in, I didnt think it was unreasonable to make a play with J8s.

Opinions please.

Nick

p.s. Results will follow.

Bigwig
11-10-2004, 07:11 PM
I would fold both of these preflop. I find it dangerous to get into raised pots where it's likey I could be dominated and I'm not the aggressor.

The first hand I put the guy (after your posting) on KQ suited, possibly in diamonds. Possibly an offsuit KQ, too.

TheDrone
11-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Note: I play in the $10 - $30 range so you might have to take this post with a grain of salt.

Hand 1:
I don't like calling ATs in MP here with so many players left to act. I would call with it on the button though. Nice flop for you, but it's no time for slowplaying. I would make it 375 on the flop. If he calls, I'm most likely pushing the turn because I am going to be ahead most of the time. This is where your $200 game might be different than the games I play.

Hand 2: I call the first raise because it could mean anything, but calling the second raise smells like trouble.

Think about if you posted just the preflop action and did not show the flop, then ask yourself if you would do it differently. Maybe not, but you might get different responses.

adanthar
11-10-2004, 08:26 PM
I hate the PF calls but everyone will bitch at you over them with or without my input so let's focus on the flop and later.

Hand 1:
Flop: Good. You're probably waaaay ahead and if he's got a second best hand let him shovel his own chips in.

Turn: Not so good for you when he checks, because it suggests KK/QQ and now the board is really draw heavy. I think I'm going all in here, because every hand that is going to call any significant bet on this board has at least 6 outs, some have 10, and if they'll call a pot sized bet they'll call an all in.

River: What on earth are you doing raising here? I think a set still calls and there's absolutely no reason for putting any more chips in against any other hand.

Hand 2: I assume when you say 'UTG' you mean CO.

This flop looks good and the call *doesn't* mean much; CO can have virtually any ace and any underpair here getting ready to make a play. Plus, he minraised so he sucks and is probably guessing his 9 kicker is good.

But I don't push. Again, I want BB to dig his own grave. Why? Well, no jack folds here, but neither do you, so we can ignore that. There aren't any draws on this board, and nobody's going to put any additional chips in the pot without at least an ace.

Given all this, I think what I want to do is to minimum raise and hope that BB comes over the top with his AK/CO calls with his Ax. I think a push may induce at least one of them to fold (especially CO, who might not suck enough to overcall this) and there just isn't a good reason to get them to do that.

And, hey, if worst comes to worst you've got 6-7 split outs and three to win v. QJ sooooted.