PDA

View Full Version : What are considered good stats?

MycroftX
11-10-2004, 06:53 PM
On a site like Paradise where you can look at your stats/win %
What would be considered good after say 50-60-ish hands, or an hour of play.
as far as:
Games won, showdowns won, and win% if you see the flop.

Also, I generally seem to be playing 35% of hands I get, after about 60 hands or an hour.
so that's about 20 hands.
Let's assume that probably, 6 or 7, were crap hands I got on the blinds, and everyone limped in, so I checked, maybe I got lucky, maybe not...but

That means I saw 13 hands, and said "Man, I'm playin' these".

Is that too many to be playing, in General?

Also, I'm sorry for any mathmatical mistakes

thanks guys

uuDevil
11-10-2004, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would be considered good after say 50-60-ish hands, or an hour of play.
as far as:
Games won, showdowns won, and win% if you see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
In 1 hr, these numbers are likely more representative of the cards you happened to get than your play. If you're talking about a 10 handed limit hold'em game, I think these are reasonable ranges over the long-term:

Games won 6-8%
Showdowns won 50-60%
Win% if sf ~28% (guessing)

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I generally seem to be playing 35% of hands I get, after about 60 hands or an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you could get a run of good cards and this number could just reflect that. Though it depends on the game and your relative skill, sf ~25% is probably a reasonable number. 35% seems much too high.

MycroftX
11-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Ok, so I should consider these stats more, around 3 times that amount, maybe more like 150 hands seen...

but these numbers help as to know where I'm at.
thanks

uuDevil
11-10-2004, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I should consider these stats more, around 3 times that amount, maybe more like 150 hands seen...

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, no. These stats probably converge to their long-term values pretty quickly-- maybe in a few thousand hands. Anything can happen in a single session of ~150 hands. These stats are really not something you should worry about though.

Concentrate on playing well. Hopefully you have a good guide like Hilger's "Internet Texas Hold'em" or Miller's "Small Stakes Hold'em." If you play well, all of your stats will take care of themselves.

mikeyp
11-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Dont worry about stats in the short run. Absolutely anything could happen in the short term. Its the long term trends you need to watch.

scott1
11-11-2004, 04:08 AM
As others have said. Stats in the short term don't mean much.

That said..... 35% seen flop in probably a little loose at a full table. If you follow a general starting hand table this will fall in the 20's long term. But for a session, all these stats will depend on the cards you get, and luck.

Hopefully your "won $ when went to SD" is 50% or more, but it won't always be - and don't revise your play to make it so, unless you see this as a trend.