PDA

View Full Version : Pacific SnGs are absolutely terrible

Yads
11-10-2004, 06:49 PM
As well as most everything else about that site, except for the huge aquarium. Sit n Go's start you off with 800 in chips and the blinds are 10/20. That's only 40 BB! Making the preliminary rounds almost a crapshoot. I played a 20 man sng last night and first hand I managed to triple up because I flopped a set with my pp and got 2 callers. This absolutely blows. Is this the worst setup or is Party or some other site even worse?

poboy
11-10-2004, 06:56 PM
I guess it's all a matter of personal preference. Myself I prefer Pacific's structure over Party's. The problem I have with Pacific is that they don't offer many of the features some of the larger sites offer(stats,hand histories, a search function, multi-tabling). They also have horrible servers, I get disconnected at least once a night. However the quality of play(or I should say lack of) makes it well worth doing without a few features.

SmileyEH
11-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Despite all sit 'n go's being craphsoots a large number of players somehow manage to make 30% ROI.

Must be nothing though, thats why I play the lottery.

-SmileyEH

mason55
11-10-2004, 08:32 PM
I love the 20 person SNGs on Pacific. The 8s are ridiculously easy and the 16s aren't too bad either. The only thing I change is that I wait a little longer before I get desperate, since once the table recombine you can wait a lot longer for a hand than when it's 5 people in a normal SNG.