PDA

View Full Version : AA: raise, call, call, call

exist
11-10-2004, 06:23 PM
BB had a V$IP of 35% and a PFR of 18%
SB had a V$IP of 32% and PFR of 0.5%

as for post flop play just assume the usual, they are quite bad. that is, whenever there is a clearly best option they often choose a different one. these two in particular were kinda weird. however, i don't think player descriptions are too important here.

is this a standard line?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: exist is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">exist raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, exist calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Stormwolf
11-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Raising the turn can easly get 4bets if KQ is around, any other K will pay off

Stormwolf
11-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh, I just noticed, are you afraid of QQ or just screwing around with tommy stuff?

CanKid
11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Raise the river if not the turn

exist
11-10-2004, 07:10 PM
1. why should i expect someone to have KQ?

2. don't my actions have to account for the fact that someone can have a 7?

3. either i am drawing close to dead or my opponents are drawing close to dead.

4. as the action continues street by street, every bet out by the BB makes it more likely that he has a stronger and stronger hand. shouldn't he be afraid of the K on the board and continued calls?

5. as the action continues street by street, every call by the SB makes it more likely that he has a weaker and weaker hand. do i really want to knock someone with a weak hand out of the pot and isolate myself against someone who could easily have a 7?

bxpeter
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
I think calling this one down is good because you are in between the agressor and the caller. I'm not worried about the BB having a 7 since nearly all opponents would slowplay it. After the SB's flop call, I am thinking he could have a 7 and therefore I would be hesitant to raise the turn. At the same time, if he doesn't have a 7, I don't want him to fold. If I did raise the turn and SB or BB 3-bet, I wouldn't want to fold. Thus, I'd try to avoid raising there. On the river, I think its definitely just a call so you can get the likely overcall from SB.

exist
11-11-2004, 03:14 AM
BB shows J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif for a pair of 7's
SB shows 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif for two pair 9's and 7's
exist has A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for two pair Aces and 7's

djoyce003
11-11-2004, 01:31 PM
I would have raised the turn for a couple of reasons. If the BB has a seven he will possibly re-reraise, and you know you are beat. If he has a queen he will probably just call figuring you for a possible queen with a better kicker due to your preflop raise. Due to his looseness he at least has a possibility of a 7, but you are really only worried about 2 cards against 2 opponents...the odds are much better that he has a queen or a pocket pair that isn't as good as yours. I think you win this hand WAY more than half the time given all the various hand possibilities that are out, and therefore should raise. If you get re-raised, consider folding as that makes 7 more likely, unless you've seen him bluff a lot.

DrGutshot
11-11-2004, 02:20 PM
I think folding to a turn 3 bet is a bad idea... You could be up against an overplayed king or KQ. I would never lay down AA to this 3bet unless I had a very good read.

-DrG

klassicd
11-14-2004, 04:25 PM
You gave up on your hand way to early. Raise the turn.