PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade flavors - how many do you think there are?

Ulysses
11-10-2004, 05:26 PM
How many? I think you'll quite likely be surprised.

So I stop at Safeway after a run yesterday to get a bottle of Gatorade. I hadn't realized the magnitude to which Gatorade has gone crazy w/ flavors. I was too overwhelmed and just went with the old standby lemon-lime, though I almost got orange. Feedback on as many of these Gatorade flavors as possible would be much appreciated.

Gatorade Flavors

Gatorade Original

Lemon Lime
Fruit Punch
Orange
Citrus Cooler
Strawberry Kiwi
Cool Blue
Berry Citrus

Gatorade Fierce

It's a taste that's as intense as you are. Perfect for those who demand bold and refreshing flavors

Strawberry
Melon
Berry
Grape

Gatorade Frost

Gatorade Frost is built by blending multiple fruit flavors into "flavor systems." The result is a lighter, crisper tasting Gatorade flavor

Glacier Freeze
Riptide Rush
Cascade Crash

Gatorade Ice

A clear, crisp, lightly flavored Gatorade with a burst of fresh fruit flavor (These are all clear)

Strawberry
Lime
Orange
Watermelon

Gatorade Xtremo

Gatorade Xtremo has the perfect blend of exotic fruit flavors. It was specially created for Latino athletes (Seriously, that's what they say)

Mango Electrico
Citrico Vibrante
Tropical Intenso

(yes, seriously)

Gatorade X-Factor

Gatorade X-Factor combines flavor tradition with flavor innovation, adding a new, fruity twist to some of the most popular original Gatorade flavors

Lemon Lime + Strawberry
Fruit Punch + Berry
Orange + Tropical Fruit

Gatorade All*Stars

Created especially for kids, Gatorade All*Stars has the bolder, sweeter flavors they want

Berry
Strawberry
Ice Punch
Pink Lemonade

This one sounds horrible and I'm not interested in any reviews. Extra-sweet Gatorade is gross.

WEASEL45
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
what about the ESPN flavors?

jakethebake
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Wow! I had no idea. I thought there was just lemon-lime, orange and fruit punch. I might've seen blue someplace too, but where do they sell all these? Not that I want to try them. I'm just curious.

turnipmonster
11-10-2004, 05:37 PM
fierce and extremo are the best gatorade varieties, specifically fierce berry and grape and xtremo mango. I also went for a run yesterday and enjoyed a fierce grape gatorade afterwards. I only get mango when I am feeling saucy. sometimes I go with classic orange which is good.

I like the lemon lime mixed from the powder that they have at water stations during races, although late in long runs the sweetness can start to get nasty especially after eating several gels. the lemon lime from the bottle is nasty.

the best gels are clif rasberry.

--turnipmonster

Q8offsuit
11-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Well, we don't have the Kid's or Latino gatorade around here yet. (Latino Gatorade? wtf? That alone deserves its own thread, but I'll try to ignore it for now.)

I drink Gatorade occasionally (less after my dentist informed me it's the worst drink possible for your teeth) so I'll give some reviews.

ORIGINAL

Citrus Cooler has been around for a while, it is very good, sort of like a combination of lemon-lime and orange.

Strawberry is OK if you like strawberry.

We had Iced Tea flavor for a while around here but I think it's gone.

FIERCE

This is my gatorade of choice. Melon and (I think you forgot) Lime.
The flavor is more intense and IMO tastes much better than the original formula/flavors.

FROST

The Glacier Freeze is the white one, its very good, like a citrus blend. Tastes kind of like grapefruit lemonade? hard to explain.

Riptide Rush is I think the purple one (kind of grape tasting)
and Cascade whatever is the green one. The flavor is closest to Kiwi.

OK. I'm done ignoring it. Latino Gatorade? WTF?

Sponger15SB
11-10-2004, 05:39 PM
to me the only flavor is x-factor fruit punch + berry.

B Dids
11-10-2004, 05:41 PM
I like "green", and "orange" is a close second.

namknils
11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gatorade Flavors

Gatorade Original

Lemon Lime
Fruit Punch
Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the only three that make it to my fridge.

Ulysses
11-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Gels are the most vile thing around.

I'm gonna try Extremo Citrico Vibrante next time.

turnipmonster
11-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I don't particularly like them either, but eat several anyways during marathons. the clif rasberry gel is far superior to any other kind.

--turnipmonster

M2d
11-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Citrus Cooler has to the the best. Mike likes it, and you know you want to be like mike.

Sponger15SB
11-10-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gatorade flavors - how many do you think there are?

[/ QUOTE ]

ilya
11-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Gatorade is decent but they could use a new copywriter. "It's a taste that's as intense as you are"? How tacky is that?

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Berry

bugstud
11-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Cool Blue is the nuts

BusterStacks
11-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Glacier Freeze. I am a Gatorade enthusiast.

gavrilo
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
i think it's glacier freeze, can't remember, but it's a light blue colored sorta... that [censored] is good.

edtost
11-10-2004, 07:44 PM
xtremo is gross. x-factor lemon-lime/strawberry is best, followed by original yellow/red.

SomethingClever
11-10-2004, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna try Extremo Citrico Vibrante next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ole!

radek2166
11-11-2004, 12:40 AM
I miss the Iced tea