PDA

View Full Version : Weak-Weird

sthief09
11-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.70 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

figured if he's drawing, he's drawing thin, so I'd give him (1) the opportunity to bluff, (2) the opportunity to catch something, and/or (3) a reason to call my bets

Rubeskies
11-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Interesting approach to these generally awkward situations. I'm interested in seeing what others think.

As far as him drawing thin, there is a powerful flush draw out there but it isn't like you can give him incorrect odds to call but you are still giving him infinite odds. I'm not sure how much of a mistake that would be. He could also have a gutshot with KQ of KJ.

On a drawless board of: A 9 3 rainbow I think I'd be more inclined to use this technique.

lil'
11-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Screw it, I bet the flop. People raise with stupid crap all the time. He could have gutshot draw or flush draw or a ten, and he ain't seeing that turn for free if that's the case.

If I know my opponent to be on the tighter side, I like your line better. Against a guy with no reads, I bet.

butters
11-10-2004, 05:23 PM
How's MP1? If he checkraises a flop bet, will it mean an ace? If so, I'd bet the flop.

J.R.
11-10-2004, 05:23 PM
I don't know the definitive answer (get robk to repsond for that), but think the answers to these questions may be helpful 9or just academic and annoying)

How do you rate to stand on this flop v. this guy's probabale range of MP raising hands ?

Do worse hands like JJ, 99, 88, 66, KQo, KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs bet this river after you called the turn bet (assuming the opener was an aggressive MP open-raiser)?

Does betting the flop allow you to better assess your hand's value if check-raised on the turn? ... if check-raised on the flop?

If you bet the flop and were called, would you check the turn when the A paired?

Does betting the flop, checking the turn and calling a river bet cost you less, and more likely induce a river bluff?

Does losing to runner-runner flush or a gutshot suck? (Don't answer that, I am just running bad- and you'd have to be up against something like K /images/graemlins/club.gif with a broadway kicker)