PDA

View Full Version : Any way to avoid this

leykis
11-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Dont have the hand history but its Party 6max 100NL.

Just sat down. Maybe thrid hand.

Dealt AKo on the button.

EP raises to 7 (std raise)

MP calls 7

I call.

Flop A K 7 rainbow.

EP bets 20, MP calls, I push.

Both call.

EP shows A 10o

MP shows KK takes it down.

Anything wrong with this hand.

When the MP player called my all in I knew I was dead. I had watched the table long enough to know that EP probaly had a weak Ace.

Tilt
11-10-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When the MP player called my all in I knew I was dead. I had watched the table long enough to know that EP probaly had a weak Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to avoid. If you dont push, you still need to raise an amount that will have you pot committed. Did you know when he called 20 that you were behind?

leykis
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Hmmm When MP called the 20 I thought that he had the same read as me on EP. Namely that he had a weak ace and was overplaying his hand. I was just in love with my flop so pushing seemed right here. Also MP did not raise preflop so it was hard to put him on Kings or Aces. If I were holding his hand I probably would not have just called the standard raise especially against a weak player with Kings because I would want to isolate. Of course after the flop I would have played it the same way MP did. I was thinking that If I reraised preflop MP might have pushed right there which of course would get me to lay down my hand. Would anyone raise preflop given the action before me in this hand?

I guess I just want conformation that I was really sunk here after that flop lol!

fimbulwinter
11-10-2004, 06:10 PM
barring reads,

Preflop could have been played better by playing standard:
you have an open raise from EP and a caller. there is now 17 bucks in the pot and you (at this point) have no reason to think that your AK isn't best. you'd also like to find out if your K and A outs are clean (IE there is a chance one of the two is holding AA/KK, and you wanna know). the standard play here is a pot-sized raise (say to $25 or so) and folding AK to a push from a normal player, as it will almost always be AA/KK/QQ at that point, all of which you are a dog to. yes, this may fold out AJ or whatever, but it will also destroy the implied odds of the first caller, who is most likely to hold a PP in this instance; these two desires (keeping worse aces and ruining PP's odds) essentially cancel and leave you with a situation in which you'd like to know if you're destroyed (by AA/KK) and would like to take the pot down right there, both of which are accomplished by the re-raise.

fim

fimbulwinter
11-10-2004, 06:44 PM
on the flop you're fizzlefukkd, no way to get out then.

fim