PDA

View Full Version : $0 if you guess correctly

fnord_too
11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Man I miss the Friday posts that Stripsqueeze use to do.

For the last two weeks I have been an inadvertant pro. After moving into a new house with my wife and daughter, I find out I have to take leave without pay until a contract comes in. This was not a surprise, nor was it unwelcome. I don't know how my wife (who is 5 months pregnant) would have managed getting settled into the new house by herself, and I really like not having to go to work. Unfortunately, I am going back on Monday and have a few leeds on other jobs, so unless I am ready to take the plunge and go pro (I am not), it looks like I am heading back to the office.

I have made a lot on tournaments this year, but have been shunning them to work on my ring game lately. I have been playing in the 15/30 full games on party a lot. These are... intersting. I have had a bad month so far, averaging just over 1BB/100 4 tabling. I feel like I probably give away 2BB/hour through bad play as is, and I have been experiencing the 15/30 variation. It feels a lot worse than it is, I started the month with between an 80 and 100 BB slide over about 5k hands, and that felt just awful until I realized it was pretty small in terms of BB. Heck, I dropped close to that much in single shorthanded sessions, what a difference perspective makes.

This hand is from a full table, but it certainly feels like a Stipsqueeze hand of the week...

Im dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG Super Chook (VPIP 45, PFR 9.3) opens for a raise, two folds to me, I three bet, all fold to UTG who calls.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Check Bet Call

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Check Bet Call

River 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Check Check

naphand
11-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Super chook? 45/9 that's just average. At least where I am coming from. I guess it is pretty loose for a full table.

This looks like K6 to me...

DrSavage
11-10-2004, 05:45 PM
JT

DrGutshot
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
66!

stripsqueez
11-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Q4

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fnord_too
11-10-2004, 09:57 PM
OK, Stipsqueez is too damn good at bizarre hand reading.

The chook had J /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif