PDA

View Full Version : Timid Fold?

08-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Playing 7 handed home game, this hand was Omaha8, 10-20. The game is very loose.

I am dealt As-4h-5s-Qh, and limp in cutoff. 6 callers, no raisers.

Flop: Qc-Jh-4d. Checked to me, I fire away figuring that my two pair are probably best. Two callers (BB&UTG)

Turn: 8h, putting two flush and potential low draw on board.

BB bets. He is new player, could have anything. UTG, very aggressive player, raises. At this point, I figure my flush draw is worthless. In addition, my two pair may not even be top two anymore. Also someone might have a straight. With only about $150 in the pot, I fold to $40 bet.

BB calls.

River: Q, giving me third best full house.

BB checks, UTG bets, BB folds.

BB shows nut heart flush draw with A3 low draw. Had no pair.

Question: Had it only been a single bet to me, with my action completing the betting, I would have definitely called. Was my fold here weak, or a good lay down? (obviously, ignore the results).

Thanks

Tim

08-14-2002, 08:33 AM
Top and bottom pair on the flop is a tough hand to play. When the turn brings a low draw and a flush draw your hand is further devalued.

Facing a raise on the turn what card could you be hoping to catch on the river? What else besides the Q giving you the third nut full house? Not much. Making your weak flush or weak low will probably just cost you more money. I agree with your fold.