PDA

View Full Version : 4 Flush two pairs. Can I raise?

Spook
11-10-2004, 03:31 PM
PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Should I have raised the River? If villain has an Ace, they would bet the river even without a heart, and I read her for a weak ace.

Bill Smith
11-10-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have raised the River? If villain has an Ace, they would bet the river even without a heart, and I read her for a weak ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any weak heart will bet this... no, wait... a weak heart wouldn't be brave enough... well, wait... ugh! I'm so confused!

I would not raise this river. I probably would've led it out to see if a weak heart would fold.

spydog
11-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Check-call is fine. A weak heart would have folded the turn. They never fold the river at this level with a flush.

naphand
11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
They don't fold on the Turn either... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

spydog
11-11-2004, 04:06 AM
I should have stated 'if a small heart was going to fold, they would have done it on the turn'. And, yes, Naphand is correct, at this level they won't even fold a small heart on the turn.