PDA

View Full Version : 88 UTG

bxpeter
11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I have 26k hands at party 10/20 6max and am making something like 1.6BB/100. I'm on the tightish side - vpip a hair over 20. I'm going to make an effort to post more hands to see where I am losing value. All comments would be greatly appreciated.

SB in this hand is terrible. Loose passive, but definitely makes odd bets at times. BB is pretty aggressive and not too bad.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between SB and BB.</font>

Do I need to 3-bet/call the flop against a relatively unknown player raising a terrible player's bet?

MAxx
11-10-2004, 05:24 PM
i'm torn btw 3 betting and folding. i might fold to an unknown and 3bet a read. if you are behind, its an uphill battle that you would rather stay out of. if you are ahead, you would like to protection and take control of the betting.