PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands from a Home Game

dmk
11-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Start w/ 10k chips, 10 ppl started.

Hand 1:
6 handed. I have ~22k, BB has ~7.5k. Blinds 400/800.
BB makes loose calls preflop. His raises seem to be real. The last 3 big pairs he had he slowplayed preflop (AA, JJ, TT).

Folds to me on button, I raise to 2500 w/ 98s, SB folds, BB thinks for a few seconds and pushes. It's ~5600 back to me. I call.

Hand 2:
3 handed, all 3 pay (50%, 30%, 20%). Lot of action on this hand, tough to keep track of.

I have ~50k, SB has ~25k, BB has ~25k. Blinds 500/1000.

SB is borderline maniac, and has gone all-in w/ any ace almost all night. He is lucky to be in the tourney, went all-in preflop w/ J9o and flopped a straight vs AK.
BB is very straight-forward.

I raise to 2500 on button w/ JJ, SB calls, BB raises to 5000, I call (question 1: call or raise? he def has a big hand but i have position. it could be a pair or big suited cards, so i'd rather play this on the flop when i have a better idea), SB goes all-in, BB raises all-in, I fold.

Had BB folded, I would have called in a heartbeat, I didn't think SB had anything. BB though had me worried. I still felt like he could have big suited cards (AK, AQ). My decision was based on the following: I can beat either of them heads-up, especially w/ the blinds only being 500/1000 w/ 50k each at the time. If i call and win, i win the tourney. However, if i call and lose, i'm now the short stack heads up, 25k vs 75k. I think i'd rather play heads-up w/ equal stacks, i have a much better edge there.

Thoughts on either/both are welcome.