PDA

View Full Version : xbox and/or ps2 owners

dmk
11-10-2004, 01:57 PM
xbox vs ps2, which one is better, why? how about mods/hacks for each system, etc. any website links for either system?

thanks!

dmk
11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
bump, i could really use some help here. prolly selling off all my gamecube stuff for one of these 2 systems.

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 03:42 PM
well, would you rather play Halo(especially online) or GTA:SA, GT4, and Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater?

This shouldn't be that difficult.

MrGo
11-10-2004, 03:42 PM
For graphics, go for Xbox. For better slection of games, go PS2. There was a thread about 2 weeks ago regarding which is better.

I am partial to Xbox because of their graphics - MUCH better than PS2. Plus XBox has Halo...worth buying the Xbox for /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nicky g
11-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I have a PS2. In general I feel the PS2 has a broader selection of good games for it. Also far of my friends have PS2 than X-boxes (in fact I don't think any have X-Boxes) which helps for swapping games etc. But that my be the other way round in the US. Also the X-Box is a bit more powerful. I still say PS2, but some things to consider.

WEASEL45
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Do you know when GT4 comes out?

dmk
11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
what about as far as modding/burning games are concerned? easy on both?

i'm leaning toward xbox partially due to my new hdtv, but i really don't know which console has a better game selection. free games are always good /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 03:57 PM
next month??? I am not sure, but I think before christmas.

Get the XBOX then if you want the HDTV hook up. In fact you should be able to "burn" XBOX games to your hard drive and play them later. Go check out some of the XBOX forums, they have a lot of advice on what to do.

MarkL444
11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For graphics, go for Xbox. For better slection of games, go PS2. There was a thread about 2 weeks ago regarding which is better.

I am partial to Xbox because of their graphics - MUCH better than PS2. Plus XBox has Halo...worth buying the Xbox for /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is pretty much right on. I had both before, but sold my PS2. Do not underestimate how much better the graphics are on xbox. I would always play madden on the xbox and then when I was over my friends they would usually only have it on ps2. Playing the game on ps2 after being used to the xbox graphics made me want to gag. Unless you are really interested in some of those games that saltcracka mentioned, get an xbox.

NLSoldier
11-10-2004, 04:17 PM
XBOX and its not close at all.

MrGo
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
The only thing I like better about the PS2 then Xbox are their controllers. But now I'm getting used to Xbox's controllers so that may not be so true anymore /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 04:36 PM
yeah, really only buy an PS2 if there are some specific PS2 exclusive games you want, otherwise you are probably better off getting XBOX, as both systems have a lot of the same games.

BusterStacks
11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Xbox is fresh simply because of online play. This makes the system.

dmk
11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
what about the online services both systems provide? i've heard xbox is pay/month, ps2 is free? any +/- for either/or? i think this would also be a big factor in my decision

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what about the online services both systems provide? i've heard xbox is pay/month, ps2 is free? any +/- for either/or? i think this would also be a big factor in my decision

[/ QUOTE ]There is a reason xbox's has a fee and ps2's doesn't. One sucks, the other doesn't.