PDA

View Full Version : Hope for the Fatties?

TheRake
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's something that doesn't require any exertion whatsoever, and that makes it a perfect fit for many Americans...

[/ QUOTE ]

New diet pill (http://www.newstarget.com/002313.html)

I saw a piece on the morning news about this new "miracle pill". Evidently the results have been oustanding to this point. It will even work for smokers. Will Acomplia be what fat people have dreamed of?

TheRake

Sponger15SB
11-10-2004, 01:43 PM
The people who take this will all die of some freak heart complication in 6 months.

You heard it here first folks.

kerssens
11-10-2004, 01:45 PM
uhhhh......a little exercise?

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 01:46 PM
I agree, pills can't be healthy.

jakethebake
11-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Heart attacks are natures way of removing lazy people from the gene pool. Notice that all the diet pills also cause accidents? It's not a coincidence.

Sponger15SB
11-10-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uhhhh......a little exercise?

[/ QUOTE ]

why exercise when you can die from pills or be extremely anal about your eating habits and eat incredibly bad foods?

kerssens
11-10-2004, 01:49 PM
good point

Matt Flynn
11-10-2004, 01:49 PM
an antiseizure drug felbumate had a side effect of consistent 60 pound weight loss. then they found it caused serious live disease in 2-3%. but no question there will be super diet pills. they already exist for mice.

matt

Toro
11-10-2004, 01:52 PM
The pill is unnecessary, at least for Renee Zellwegger. I think what she has done twice is nothing short of amazing. For the filming of the two Bridget Jones films she has gone from a size 6 to a 14 and back to a 6 with seeming ease. Perhaps she should write a diet book!

kerssens
11-10-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps she should write a diet book!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, I'll write it for her..its 7 words long

Burn more calories than you take in

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 01:55 PM
what she is doing, constant weight gain and loss, is terribly hard on her body,

Toro
11-10-2004, 02:03 PM
yeah, it must be. Robert DeNiro did the same thing for the filming of Raging Bull where he had to gain significant weight to play the aging Jake LaMotta.

Tom Hanks did a reverse in Castaway where he had to lose significant weight. I read that they filmed the beginning of the movie at his normal weight and then suspended production for a year while he worked out and dieted until he looked like a guy would look after being stranded on a desert island with nothing to eat but raw fish and cocoanuts.

jakethebake
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Christian Bale just did it for some movie about an insomniac (he looked pretty gross in the pics I saw) and then bulked up to play Batman.

ThaSaltCracka
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
yeah, some other actor gained a bunch of weight for a moive, and he said he wasn't going to do it again because his doctor said it was so bad for him to constantly gain and/or loose weight. Might have been Hanks that said that.

Edit: I think it might have been MAHHTTT DAAAYMON

Steven_Monk
11-10-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, some other actor gained a bunch of weight for a moive, and he said he wasn't going to do it again because his doctor said it was so bad for him to constantly gain and/or loose weight. Might have been Hanks that said that.

Edit: I think it might have been MAHHTTT DAAAYMON

[/ QUOTE ]

NO: It was Chris Penn and Dan Ackroyd. They've been shooting this movie for the past 10 years.

TheRake
11-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Ahhh...I just got back from having Mexican for lunch. I could use some of those pills now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't had time to really research it on the internet yet, but from I heard on the news there has been little to no side affects to date with the small group of people that have been tested.

No matter what you think about people taking a pill to induce weight loss, the fact is that the American lifestyle is not going to change. Which is a greater health risk? I say if it works go for it.

TheRake