PDA

View Full Version : Playing against "generous" players

theblitz
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
When playing against "generous" players who seem to be intenet on handing over their money do you lossen up your play or just play as normal.

If you lossen up your play your will probably win more pots (because they are calling things they shouldn't). On the other hand, you will lose pots that you wouldn't against other players simply because these players hang in there hoping to hit a good card - which they will do every so often.

By playing only top hands you would be guaranteeing a good return on investment due to their stupid calls. On the other hand. you will be missing out on winning hands.

So, what's the best policy?

Ghazban
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
If I can see a flop cheaply, I'm more likely to come in as I will get paid off when I hit hard. If, however, these people are raising a lot before the flop, I'll play tighter and not even enter a pot without a strong starting hand (unless, of course, we all have very deep stacks relative to the raises and blinds, in which case, I'll again play more hands).

Tilt
11-10-2004, 04:55 PM
I do loosen up, because the implied odds get much better for many starting hands. And sometimes you have to compete with others to get to their stack first while they are giving it away.

Sometimes this leads to trouble. If you do loosen up and the generous fish leaves the hand, you have to remember why you came in with the marginal hole cards to begin with and be prepared to muck to solid players.