PDA

View Full Version : A hand from PP 50NL .

TheGremlin
11-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I am sorry for the format as I am new to this site ,
I want an advise what should I have done ???

NL Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:7074152 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Tuesday, November 09, 17:25:45 EDT 2004
Table Table 12002 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: bukake ( $1000 )
Seat 2: whoanelly ( $970 )
Seat 4: Diamond_Draw ( $1075 )
Seat 5: gelias03 ( $985 )
Seat 6: MrsSlabjob ( $585 )
Seat 7: Teravg ( $1460 )
Seat 8: ekwity ( $1060 )
Seat 10: acegetter85 ( $955 )
Seat 3: whitemuffin ( $910 )
Seat 9: HERO ( $1000 )
Trny:7074152 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Jc Jh ]
Teravg calls [15].
ekwity folds.
HERO raises [30].
acegetter85 folds.
bukake folds.
whoanelly folds.
whitemuffin folds.
Diamond_Draw folds.
gelias03 folds.
MrsSlabjob folds.
Teravg calls [15].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 5d, 7h ]
Teravg checks.
HERO bets [70].
Teravg calls [70].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
Teravg checks.
HERO bets [85].
Teravg calls [85].
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
Teravg bets [900].

Should I fold / call ?

The Chris
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Why did you only raise 30? With a pair like JJ you have to play those almost perfectly to achieve a decent EV...You have to raise at least 5 times BB in my opinion, because if you raise only 2 times BB marginal hands can be called. Q10 Q9 K8 etc...with three possible over cards you need to raise something worth while for your JJ's...stealing the blinds is better than getting bet 30 times bb on the river with an over card...

JKratzer
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
You are playing these jacks way too passively. Raise more preflop. I'd say maybe 150 or so. At least then you can maybe put opponents on a hand and protect your pair. On the flop you didn't bet enough. On the turn you didn't bet enough. On the river you should fold, but the main problem is that you even got to the river with a decision to make. Make a big enough bet on the flop that either you take it down or you can be sure that your opponent has you beat because he a) called or b)checkraised.

Don't be afraid to put some money in there, JJ is a good hand.

JKratzer

pshreck
11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
What reason at all would make you call the river?

TheGremlin
11-10-2004, 11:53 AM
I did not call ,
I played it bad pre and post flop , I know it .

I think he was bluffing , and after playing the tourney with this guy , I actually can tell you allmost for sure that I had him, thogh he was lucky to get anything he go on.

He busted 3 people at the same hand , calling a huge all-in
after 2 were all-in for about 3/4 of his stack with A 3 off suite to get a stright on the flop, and bust QQ AA and 66.

and after what happened in the second hand I played with him ( the second post I had here ) I decided to close my PP acount ...thogh I had some good times over there , the last few months were horible.

just yesterday I bubbled all tourneys I was in 4 of them with AA hand.

bad luck ?

pshreck
11-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Gremlin, if your still at the stage where you think sites are 'rigged', take your money off the table, read some poker books and learn about the math of poker, and that bad beats happy tons of time a day, every day.

If you are shutting down your account because of a bad beat.... you definetly should not have an account.

TheGremlin
11-10-2004, 12:25 PM
reason I am shutting down my acount is I feel that I have more bad beat on that site then I sohuld have. I have been playing poker for 4 years. I have won a few multy table tourneys 50 and 100NL, for what I think is big - bucks,
5K - 15K ( each time). I dont say I was not rewarded on that site from time to time , BUT , there are certain times
where I doubt what is going on over there ...

BTW -

A few month ago , ( half a year), I found out a bug in PP software that alow you to gain money without winning the hand. ( actually folding and adding chips to your acount).
the details dont matter - but if someone insist I will be happy to provide them , and I am sure PP will not deny it !

as an honest person , after testing this a few times, and getting to 18K in my acount from a deposit of 250$, I called PP and told them about it.

I got 500$ bonus for this ! and I thank PP for that.

so all I am saying , anything is possible.

pshreck
11-10-2004, 12:42 PM
I think you are smoking too much pot.

TheGremlin
11-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Let me tell you the details , and you may call them ask ask them about it ... maybe than U will know I am not smoking pot...

Hlaf a year ago , party poker had an upgrade to their software. I was sitting on 5/10 limit table at the time with a bankroll of 100$, in the middle of a hand I pushed the add chips , and a message came and told me the chips will be addad when the hand is over.

on the turn card I folded my hand , and again asked for add-chips , and addad the rest of my BR - 150$ , it addad it immidiatly. than when the hand was over, the software addad
again 150$, gave me a bank roll of 400$ instead of the orig 250$.

I saw that something was wrong , and it took me some time to understand exactly how to re-do this incident, and I did.
several times.

PP admited it, and gave me a 500$ bonus for that , I will try to find the TY mail they sent me , but I am not sure I still have it.

go ahead and ask them ...

adanthar
11-10-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on the turn card I folded my hand , and again asked for add-chips , and addad the rest of my BR - 150$ , it addad it immidiatly. than when the hand was over, the software addad
again 150$, gave me a bank roll of 400$ instead of the orig 250$.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a common (really really common) lag-induced programming error that used to happen in MMORPG's all the time. (Ask any Everquest player back in '00. God I hate that part of my life.)

What's that have to do with their shuffling algorhythm (hint: nothing), and why is a supposedly winning player doing this to himself?

TheGremlin
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
nothing to do with their shuffle,
if they release a version where a player can add money to his chips without playing , who knows what other errors can be on their software... maybe press ^QYSDYYY and u get all kind of backdoors...

( Hint ) have you checked PP registry values ?
( Hint ) when a player push auto fold / auto rais / auto call , does your computer gets it on his turn or immidiatly when he does this ? thus giving you the knowladge of what he is about to do?

have you thoght about these things ?

I dont think they cheat/scam people all i am saying is that I did not want to truble myself with this question all the time and since I feel that I am being bad beated a lot on that site I prefered not to play there any more, althogh
they have the best Multy table I have seen so far.

That is my last post on this issue ,

ty for all the replys.

adanthar
11-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Yes, yes I have. Have you thought about quitting poker and taking up chess? It has zero variance!