PDA

View Full Version : Bunky inspired

Spartan1983
11-10-2004, 10:36 AM
I think my betting was inspired by reading Bunky's and CDC's posts on the SS forum. Now if I could just have about 80% of their success. This was probably the wrong spot to unleash the Bunky/CDC ultra aggressive play into my game, but hey it was fun at the time.

Pacific $1/2 7 handed

Spartan dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB
UTG calls, 4 folds, Spartan raises, BB calls, UTG folds

flop: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Spartan bets, BB raises, Spartan 3-bets, BB caps

<font color="green">Really didn't think he had an 8, but pocket 6's definately a possibility after the cap. </font>

turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Spartan bets, BB raises, Spartan 3-bets, BB calls ( <font color="green">wimp </font> )
<font color="green">decided I was behind, but I was going to convince him I had an 8 </font>

River: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Spartan bets, BB calls.

How bad was it? As far as reads, I was playing Party at the same time, but from what I observed BB was playing a lot of hands not overly aggressive though.

btspider
11-10-2004, 10:48 AM
i imagine their opponents are capable of laying a hand down. your opponent isn't. check-call or check-fold the turn. the only hand that will fold, your Ace high TK will probably beat in a showdown.

calling your opponent a wimp for just calling a turn 3-bet seems like you are more concerned about who is more of a man than actually winning $$.

Spartan1983
11-10-2004, 11:15 AM
BT, thanks for your reply. The "wimp" quote was made in jest, obviously at that point he had a good hand, but knew there was a chance I had an 8 (unless he had pocket 8's) It wasn't a matter of being "macho", I don't get into too many capping situations because I'm pretty conservative. Unless I have the "nuts" I usually slow down cuz I always start imagining all the hands the villain has (and they usually are ahead of my cards)
On this hand I just felt he didn't have an 8. Of course there were a lot of other hands I would've been behind. The K coming out on the river gave me some hope, especially if I was right about him not having an 8. If he would've raised on the river I would've made a crying call, obviously he wasn't going to fold.

RayGarlington
11-10-2004, 11:15 AM
A fine example of demented aggression, but I doubt this will make you money in the long run.

btspider
11-10-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The "wimp" quote was made in jest

[/ QUOTE ]

that's fine. just wanted to be sure since that would be one serious leak in your game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spartan1983
11-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Ray,I doubt it also. Number 1 because it's not my style, and not many people can pull it off. Obviously you have to pick your spots for uncontrolled aggression. I have increased my bankroll at Pacific from $100 initial deposit to over 300BB for $3/6 (which I have never tried). I've played some $2/4 with moderate success, but I've been on such a streak at $1/2 on Pacific that I don't feel the real need to move up.
That being said, this hand was fun. It wasn't NL so there was a limit on what was going into the pot. It wasn't like I was holding 7 2 offsuit. The BB if he was paying attention could've easily put me on paint cards with my preflop raise, because I normally have something when I raise preflop.

Spartan1983
11-10-2004, 11:54 AM
It's time to go to bed (3rd shifter). For anyone interested, my K's held up. Don't know what the villain had (the hand replayer just shows him mucking his cards) A 14BB pot and aggression let out and can go back to my normal game. Of course if the villain would have beat me, then all bets are off. Good luck all at the tables and keep the good advice coming. P.s. I'll continue to read Bunky/CDC's posts for their entertainment value and educational value, but I won't be taking their ultra aggression to the table too often until I improve my game a whole bunch.
Go MSU Spartans /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RayGarlington
11-10-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, this hand was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm with you.