PDA

View Full Version : PUSH OR PULL?

07-18-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm playing O/8 UTG and I have 2344 and the flop is A 4 10,rainbow,and two peoples behind me call pre-flop plus the blinds. DO I PUSH OR PULL?

07-18-2002, 08:00 PM
DON'T LOOK AT THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERD THE ABOVE POST.The turn card is 9c,also giving you a club draw?

07-18-2002, 09:08 PM
first off, why do you have 2344 utg? second is this pot limit or limit?

A4T is just about the best flop you could hope for with your garbage hand. i would jam the flop. i would keep jamming after the 9 hits the turn.

if you drag the pot, after you flip over your 2344 utg you should say "i was gonna raise preflop, but i didn't want to chase anyone out". you should get plenty of action after that.

07-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey I come to play..I like your comment"I should have raised.[pre-flop]were on the rite tract.

07-18-2002, 09:47 PM
You guessed it. A damn 4 comes on the river.What the hell do I do now? PUSH OR PULL?

07-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Ax Man - You wrote, "DO I PUSH OR PULL?"

You have two options, (1) check, and (2) bet. I don't know if you think of betting as pushing or pulling.

After this flop, you generally should bet.

After the turn, you should give at least some consideration to how your opponents responded to your bet on the flop, and how they play in general. For example, if a very conservative opponent (who rarely raises pre-flop with two dry aces) raised your flop bet, you might seriously consider checking the turn.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

07-19-2002, 08:38 AM
In general I would bet or raise with the nuts. You can not expect other people to bet your hand. You need to win as much as possible since it will be rare that you drag a pot playing 2344 UTG.

From your posts I can not tell who is left in the hand or what their action was on previous betting rounds.

07-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Since you are "here to play" then you should be betting and raising at every opportunity. If you are posting this hand to find out how to improve your O/8 play, then don't play this trash UTG. IMHO, in the long run, you will lose more than you win with this garbage, at any stakes. You have virtually no chance at a scoop (unless of course you hit quads) and if an A does not flop, you have to chase to find out you are 2nd or 3rd best low.

07-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Let me get this straight for a second - you're UNHAPPY about the 4? How about one of the twenty-something cards that gives somebody else a nut straight (9 of which leave you with no low)? Or, even better, how about the 2 or 3 of diamonds, probably losing you the entire pot?

I'm going to assume this post is a joke or tongue-in cheek...

Cheers...

DrJ