PDA

View Full Version : Deception

slavic
11-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Alobar
11-10-2004, 05:01 AM
what better hand is he folding on the river? What worse hand is he calling with?

Bob T.
11-10-2004, 05:10 AM
He might fold an Ace, which would be worth half the pot to slavic. It also seems that that is a likely holding for his opponent.

Alobar
11-10-2004, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He might fold an Ace, which would be worth half the pot to slavic. It also seems that that is a likely holding for his opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually believe the guy who called to the river with an ace is going to fold it?

sublime
11-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Deception

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

slavic
11-10-2004, 02:09 PM
The point of a river bet when you play like this is you really want your opponent to fold all hands worse than yours. True for this one hand if he calls with a worse hand you make money on this hand, but you lose money in areas were you would use your image to pick up a pot.

Now in this hand I suspected my hand was best all the way along,[possibly the pre-flop raiser also had AK and his fold would be a coup for me] however people who see you play an unimproved AK aggressivly will assign you to their wild player grouping.

Alobar
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The point of a river bet when you play like this is you really want your opponent to fold all hands worse than yours. True for this one hand if he calls with a worse hand you make money on this hand, but you lose money in areas were you would use your image to pick up a pot.

Now in this hand I suspected my hand was best all the way along,[possibly the pre-flop raiser also had AK and his fold would be a coup for me] however people who see you play an unimproved AK aggressivly will assign you to their wild player grouping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never thought of that, good point