PDA

View Full Version : dual monitor, monitor stand question

Alobar
11-10-2004, 03:52 AM
Im curious how you guys have your dual monitors set up?

Are they just sitting side by side on your desk, or did you get a special stand for them both? I'd like to get a special stand, I found the one Dell sells (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=A0199030&c=us&l=en&cs=04&ca tegory_id=5387&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx ), but spending $250 for a monitor stand seems a bit much. Whats the best route to go?

phil_ivey_fan
11-10-2004, 10:40 AM
waste of money IMO...go bribe someone to put a better picture of yourself on Cardplayer.com

Alobar
11-11-2004, 10:43 PM
*bumped in hope of a meaningful reply*

Blarg
11-12-2004, 03:55 AM
I just got a height-adjustable table from Office Depot for about a hundred bucks. It's wide enough to hold my two 19-inch CRT's, satellite speakers on each side, and has enough writing room and keyboard room.

Actually I've pulled the monitors just close enough to the edge that I can put the keyboard on it, and pulled a new recliner I bought up close to the table. I can put the keyboard in my lap to type, and the mouse when playing poker, and I can do it anywhere from sitting up straight to fully reclined with my feet up under the table. It's incredibly comfortalbe, much better than sitting at a desk. I've got my t.v. against the far wall of the room and to the right, and I can watch both monitors and the t.v. without moving my head when reclined back, and can still see the t.v. easily when sitting up straight. Very luxurious, and it's finally going to take care of the soreness in my right an dleft hands I've had from so many years of typing and using the mouse.

I think tomorrow I'll finally install the Nostromo control device I got, and then I won't even have to make mouse movements anynmore. Things couldn't be easier and more comfy!

Lawrence Ng
11-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Mine are side by side.

Jman28
11-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Mine are side by side. Don't pay $250 for a stand

lorinda
11-12-2004, 06:03 AM
I think tomorrow I'll finally install the Nostromo control device I got

It's no use trying to slip an Alien comment past me! I do hope you're not communicating with them.

Lori